Show off your Hognose Snakes!

Aspen repti-chips. I switched from aspen fiber a while ago and I’ve found it’s much easier to clean while still keeping a similar look and allowing them to burrow.

2 Likes

Hello, everyone.
A few months ago, I discovered the ridiculously adorable western hognose, and I instantly fell in love. Today, I received my first two baby noodles — Romeo and Juliet. (They say, “hi.”)
Regards,
Chris

10 Likes

Leucistic are so awesome. I would love to have a female one someday.

5 Likes

I’m told by the breeder that the female (above) may be Arctic. (He out-crossed his original Lucy with Arctic, Caramel, and Hypo animals, so who knows what she actually carries.)

Regards,
Chris

3 Likes

I just have one hognose currently, but here he is.

9 Likes

My anaconda het snow just shed, so I snapped a few pictures of her.

And then my male yeti being proud of taking a :poop: in his water dish.

10 Likes

Excuse the little bit of mess outside the enclosure, but I took this picture a while ago and somehow never shared it.

6 Likes

Your yeti looks very proud of himself :laughing: What do you use for picture taking? They look so good and clear.

4 Likes

I have a Canon EOS R and a 100mm Canon macro lens. The pictures lose a lot of quality when I upload them on here, so for this use, a modern phone could do the same thing.

4 Likes

9 Likes

I think you just convinced me that I need a hoggy in my life! @erie-herps…just tagging you so you see this lol :joy:

5 Likes

Absolutely fantastic. Everyone could use more hognoses in their lives.

4 Likes

How can you resist these? I’m hoping to get a new addition when I get my next paycheck, so we’ll see what happens.

10 Likes

One of our favorites from this breeding season!

11 Likes

Superconda albino? Or maybe is there a little bit of Arctic in there?

3 Likes

You’re close! She’s arctic abino conda. I know that super arctic can throw off the patterning but I’m fairly sure she’s not a super arctic. I’d classify her as a conda.

7 Likes

When we get moved, I’m probably gonna need a hognose, too!

4 Likes

You have summoned the hognose fairy to tell you to change that probably to a definitely. Everyone could use a hognose.

10 Likes

As long as the hognose fairy doesn’t put my hoggie under my pillow without warning. I would want to smoosh it!
PS - anybody else picturing the Hognose Fairy like Tinkerbell with a seriously turned up nose?

7 Likes

Or a hognose with wings and a tutu… :face_holding_back_tears:

4 Likes