Show off your Hognose Snakes!

I couldn’t seem to find a thread dedicated to showing off hognoses! Odd. Unless I’m blind and it’s staring me in the face here’s the start of one! Show off your Hognose snakes :>

Staff have added @7snakes pictures below to the top post. This gives us a thumbnail for the topic.

12 Likes

Well, since you asked so nicely…

19 Likes

I don’t have any recent pictures of my bigger girls, but I found some random ones in my photo gallery lol

15 Likes

16 Likes

This is my CB melanistic Eastern Hognose in natural lighting. He’s turned almost jet black since this photo was taken. Named Carnage

16 Likes

A couple of my favorites. :slight_smile:

28 Likes

NOM NOM yummy pennnnnn

4 Likes

The second to last one is a Yeti, right?

2 Likes

I’d say so, it’s at the very least, an albino axanthic super conda. Which is a yeti. It’s insanely clean though and I really like how nice it looks. I’ve seen allot worse yetis

4 Likes

All (four) are spectacular!

2 Likes

Edited because it’s during a feeding, but just the other day got Erebus right after a shed. Literally had just gotten through with the process. Had to snap a pic.

12 Likes

Love the way his stripes disconnect towards the tail! Very cute!

5 Likes

These are very nice, great pictures too

That is a super yeti. According to the marketplace at least.

2 Likes

This gal is one of my favourite

I can see this gal quickly becoming another favourite

19 Likes

Everyone has such pretty hoggies aaa! :heart_eyes:

Also love seeing the Eastern hognoses too! Don’t see too many captive bred Easterns compared to Western hogs

1 Like

I think that is probably because they are extremely difficult to get going on mice compared to Westerns. They are almost strictly frog eaters.

Unfortunately I think that’s true. I wish there was a way to get frogs as readily available as mice and rats, I feel like that would help with breeding them in captivity. Easterns are super pretty, and super variable in the wild already so personally I don’t even think morphs would be as popular as line bred traits would be if Easterns become more readily available in the future!

3 Likes

Here’s my only guy for now😉

10 Likes

Yes, both you and Ashley are correct, they aren’t commonly bred because of their diet, BUT I know of a couple breeders that have been breeding them for a couple generations now. Almost F3. And I payed a very pretty penny for mine.

Mine was born eating frozen UNSCENTED pinkies right off the bat. A few of his siblings had to eat scented though.

4 Likes