Show off your Isopods!

Here, you can tell us the favorite isopods you keep and show some pictures!

1 Like

I went to an expo today and got a few things.
Porcellionides pruinosus ‘Oreo Crumble’

They aren’t isopods but I also got a pair of ghost mantises (to breed in the future, if anyone wants I can make a progression thread)

I got these a bit over a month ago but forgot to update this thread.
Porcellionides pruinosus ’ White out’

5 Likes

Yes please! Any more content you can bring @erie-herps, bring it here!

2 Likes

Yeah what he said!!

2 Likes

Yep! We love to see some updates!

4 Likes

Here’s the link to the thread:

3 Likes

The variety :star_struck:

8 Likes

Nice! You’ve got some really large ones in there! Dairy Cows?

3 Likes

Oh yes! My fav :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yep, Dairy cows will always be my favorite, and when I get too much for myself to use they are always the first ones to sell!

3 Likes

I haven’t sold any yet… too attached :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah It was hard for me to let the first ones go. Then I got overrun with them and I needed them gone. :rofl: They absolutely rip through any sort of food or leaves you put in their bin. I am constantly replacing leaves almost as often as I mist them down :rofl:

3 Likes

One thing I noticed is that I admire the isopods more with the black spots over the carapace. This gives them more of a “sharp” look to the design. Some dairy cows’ spots are primarily under the “shell” and look more dull.

This one eating has a really nice distinct pattern.

5 Likes

I’ve noticed ones with yellow, ones with orange, ones with a pinky colour. Then high whites with nearly no spots, striped, brown spots… the variety in them is amazing!
I can see why they’re your fav also. I’m a bit overrun atm so my idea is to separate them into all the different markings, colours etc…
Then I can still keep right? :joy:

3 Likes

Yep, haha. That is awesome that you have so many other variations!

I have noticed some of mine have bright orange legs, but everything else is the same. Has anyone else seen that?

3 Likes

You make me want to develop “lines” of them!

3 Likes

Oh I 100% think you should,
I need to go get tubs myself :joy:
I was waiting for them to breed more and seems I have more different types than I thought so no idea where I’m storing them all :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’m going to get dairy cows as my next species. Then I’ll selectively breed for a few traits.

3 Likes

You say a few :wink:

3 Likes

Ok, maybe a few dozen. :rofl:

3 Likes