Show off your Isopods!

Actually yeah, really happy! This is my first tarantula sling. Can’t go better than free. Dude had a huge plastic tub of little deli containers with the slings. Those girls have huge egg sacs. They can have hundreds of slings.

Here, you can tell us the favorite isopods you keep and show some pictures!

1 Like

I went to an expo today and got a few things.
Porcellionides pruinosus ‘Oreo Crumble’

They aren’t isopods but I also got a pair of ghost mantises (to breed in the future, if anyone wants I can make a progression thread)

I got these a bit over a month ago but forgot to update this thread.
Porcellionides pruinosus ’ White out’

5 Likes

Yes please! Any more content you can bring @erie-herps, bring it here!

2 Likes

Yeah what he said!!

2 Likes

Yep! We love to see some updates!

4 Likes

Here’s the link to the thread:

3 Likes

The variety :star_struck:

8 Likes

Nice! You’ve got some really large ones in there! Dairy Cows?

3 Likes

Oh yes! My fav :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yep, Dairy cows will always be my favorite, and when I get too much for myself to use they are always the first ones to sell!

3 Likes

I haven’t sold any yet… too attached :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah It was hard for me to let the first ones go. Then I got overrun with them and I needed them gone. :rofl: They absolutely rip through any sort of food or leaves you put in their bin. I am constantly replacing leaves almost as often as I mist them down :rofl:

3 Likes

One thing I noticed is that I admire the isopods more with the black spots over the carapace. This gives them more of a “sharp” look to the design. Some dairy cows’ spots are primarily under the “shell” and look more dull.

This one eating has a really nice distinct pattern.

5 Likes

I’ve noticed ones with yellow, ones with orange, ones with a pinky colour. Then high whites with nearly no spots, striped, brown spots… the variety in them is amazing!
I can see why they’re your fav also. I’m a bit overrun atm so my idea is to separate them into all the different markings, colours etc…
Then I can still keep right? :joy:

3 Likes

Yep, haha. That is awesome that you have so many other variations!

I have noticed some of mine have bright orange legs, but everything else is the same. Has anyone else seen that?

3 Likes

You make me want to develop “lines” of them!

3 Likes

Oh I 100% think you should,
I need to go get tubs myself :joy:
I was waiting for them to breed more and seems I have more different types than I thought so no idea where I’m storing them all :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’m going to get dairy cows as my next species. Then I’ll selectively breed for a few traits.

3 Likes

You say a few :wink:

3 Likes