Show off your Isopods!

Ok, maybe a few dozen. :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve got dairy cows in a couple of my bio enclosures. Need to get some out and put in a bin and see what I can get.

2 Likes

Yes. My next favorite look alike will be O aselus “Mardi Gras”. Absolute stunners they are.

Oniscus asellus Mardi Gras
They are dairy cows with a super sharp pattern and YELLOW specks!

8 Likes

I would really like to get these along with BC Maple variant to see if I can get an orange and yellow dalmation isopod :star_struck:

2 Likes

I need dairy cows in my life!

4 Likes

I’ve been eye-balling the Mardi Gras lately!

3 Likes

Yep! I totally would’ve gotten them and BC Maple this last year but just got cold here in UT too quickly. There is some great deals just need to fork over $50 for bugs again…

Looks to me like nobody has tried the X, but I really don’t want to pay $100 again… Dang this hobby is pricey.

2 Likes

Some like P. spinosus are like Jordan shoes to buy but occasionally make little baby Jordans every once in a while :rofl:

2 Likes

I usually take care of my isopods at night which makes it difficult to get good photos of them. Today I was finally able to get pics of a few of my colonies during the day!

9 Likes

Nice! Those are so cool. How do your Pak Chongs produce for you?

4 Likes

I’ve had them for a little over a month and they have exploded. I’ve seen more mancae in their bin than any of my other colonies. And when it comes to food they finish off everything faster than even my dairy cows which I’ve had set up since august

6 Likes

Terrible quality photo, but they absolutely lose it over sweet potato

7 Likes

That is crazy. My Panda Kings are just the same. They stop breeding every once in a while then explode, then stop, then repeat. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

But yes, the more “beginner” Cubaris really explode the first couple months for whatever reason. It may have had something to do with elevation, because there was a pretty large change in elevation from the seller’s location to the destination and that really got them going :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Also, if you live in the U.S. and want to get into some rarer isopods such as Cubaris, you can go through an ebay seller I have bought from in the past. His Panda King deals are crazy if you want to look into it.

Maybe we should create a thread where we just share great deals we find with each other :slight_smile: I am sure everyone would like that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Panda kings and rubber ducky’s are next up on my list!

I had heard people either had lots of success with Pak Chong’s or that no matter what they did they just couldn’t get them to thrive. So I’m really glad mine have taken off.

That’s an insane deal! I’ll look into that seller, thanks!

3 Likes

Nice! I actually very recently got Cubaris Rubber Ducky from Rus of Aquarimax Pets. We did a trade as we apparently live within minutes of each other! Same with Clint’s Reptiles! It was an absolute joy meeting with him and if you have not seen his YouTube channel you should definitely check it out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have also heard that too. I have had great success with my Cubaris, but for whatever reason A. gestroi has stumped me. Can’t get them to breed at all. Absolute stunners too so it’s a shame. I will keep experimenting with the setup and let you guys know how it goes. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No way that’s awesome! I’ve actually been watching his channel for a while now haha
His videos and Wally’s from supreme gecko are what really got me into isopods.

2 Likes

Yep. Aquarimax Pets was what really got my mind going about them, then I watched Reptiliatus and his collection videos (also a great channel) and figured out that there was so many crazy looking kinds :slight_smile:

The crazy thing for me was that Rus contacted me about trading, and I did not know it was him until we had planned for him to pick them up. It was an absolute honor because he was my idle and I was stoked :joy: :star_struck:

3 Likes