Show off your Isopods!

I really want to add some of these to my colonies.

3 Likes

They sound awesome, similar to dwarf whites? :thinking:

This tubs are what he gave us, he uses bark, and white wood! I ended up with the whole colony of the Frontes, and the high yellows he counted then just gave us the tub too :sweat_smile:
I use bark in mine, I also mix orchid bark into the substrate and sphagnum moss.

The high yellows actually like is very dry though apart from a corner of moisture so that’s new :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

They’re quite big too!
They like it dryer than most, only a corner needs moisture :blush:

2 Likes

Here are a few of mine. Top is the Croatian giants, then a Zebra and some good old powder blues.

4 Likes

Love these for the color? How fast do they reproduce?

2 Likes

Dunno. I’ve not had them very long but there are some very small ones in the bin. These guys are HUGE too. I’ll try to get a size reference picture a little later. After coffee.

3 Likes

Ok thanks, they are just gorgeous.

2 Likes

Here’s a good size reference. This is the biggest one we have.

4 Likes

Here’s some orange vigor out on the cork bark.

5 Likes

Sorted out their tub so had to get some pics!

A rare sighting of a panda out and about haha

And all the babies are getting their lovely spotting :blush:

4 Likes

I love the big ones!!
Haven’t measured ours but they’re 3+
Need to sneak down to Dales again for more types :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Zebras are on the list. I love the contrast :relaxed:

1 Like

Are those first ones magic potion? They are on my list!

Yes!
They’re pretty things :relaxed:
Defo one to have :grin:

1 Like

Magic Potion USA

I dropped in a piece of python shed yesterday, at least a 6" section, and these isopods are like magicians, they made it disappear! That chunk is the only evidence remaining.

4 Likes

I put pieces of MBK shed in all of ours yesterday as well. They do love the stuff. I’ve been doing Repashy Morning Wood as well and they seem to like it too.

4 Likes

I just fed Morning Wood yesterday. My isopods love it, I haven’t put shed in yet but as soon as I get a snake I will.
Another tip, if you carve pumpkins at halloween you can put the pieces you carve out in the freezer. I have a ton in the freezer and I’m guessing it will last the entire year (as a supplement to other food types).

5 Likes

Wild, yet to be indentified, in Seattle, WA, USA.

7 Likes

Man those are really cool.

2 Likes

A high white dairy cow.
I will be putting all high whites in a separate tub to produce just them, seen a couple babies like it too.
Also noticed ones with brown spots instead of black, and also ones with are orangish not white!
So I’ll be separating all to produce the different variations! :relaxed:

6 Likes