Show Off Your Skinks

I was absolutely shocked when I found out this wasn’t already a thread. Here’s a topic where you can post pictures of all of your skinks, whether it be a sandfish, a bluey or some sort of rare Malagasy thing. I’ll start it off by spamming pics of my blue tongue lol

6 Likes

I’ll see you a blue tongue and add another lol!

6 Likes

Aww so cute. Is yours also super huffy in the enclosure?

1 Like

Not all the time. Just when he doesnt want me to get him out. He came out on his own tonight, then huffed when I picked him up!

1 Like

Mine is really huffy in his enclosure. He has gotten better but still will hiss a lot of the time. Does yours hide a lot (mine does)? Also what substrate do you use?

2 Likes

5 Likes

Mine used to hide a lot, but she’s getting better ever since I started interacting with her a lot more and I started tong feeding every so often. She basks in the open a lot more, but she’s still pretty huffy in the enclosure and will definitely let you know when she’s had enough handling time. I currently use aspen fiber, but this weekend I’m moving her into a larger enclosure and I’m gonna try out a soil/sand mix. I thought Aspen fiber would be good cause the northerns are a bit more arid, but I find that she has some difficulties shedding properly on this substrate.

2 Likes

I use cypress mulch because it allows more pockets of humidity and because it is easier to clean compared to sand/soil since my enclosure isn’t sealed. Are you going to do a bioactive enclosure?

2 Likes

No, it won’t be bioactive. I’ve worked with a soil sand mix before though in a purely naturalistic non bioactive enclosure before though and it’s worked out.

3 Likes

Spot the potato!

4 Likes

3 Likes

Potato when I first got him vs now

Yes potato has decided to become a body builder
4 Likes

My year old Northern, Murphy!

2 Likes

They remind me of my 2nd favorite lizard on steriods. The california alligator lizard. NBTS obviously take 1st place. Love watching these guys chase food and dig. Love the set ups and pics everyone is showing off.

1 Like

4 Likes

I need to get me a Blue tongue skink, they’re so cool

3 Likes

I would have to say this guy is my most active, curious, and hungry baby of the bunch.

4 Likes

I wake up to him staring at me like this a lot. How he finds it comfortable I don’t know

And yes, this is a different picture from the one I posted a couple weeks ago lol. Just goes to show how much he sits like this

4 Likes

What a cutie patootie! I love him! :heart:

2 Likes

Yeah i think skinks have that cutie look or that evil eye look. Either way, they are special.

4 Likes