Show Off Your Skinks

I was absolutely shocked when I found out this wasn’t already a thread. Here’s a topic where you can post pictures of all of your skinks, whether it be a sandfish, a bluey or some sort of rare Malagasy thing. I’ll start it off by spamming pics of my blue tongue lol

6 Likes

I’ll see you a blue tongue and add another lol!

6 Likes

Aww so cute. Is yours also super huffy in the enclosure?

1 Like

Not all the time. Just when he doesnt want me to get him out. He came out on his own tonight, then huffed when I picked him up!

1 Like

Mine is really huffy in his enclosure. He has gotten better but still will hiss a lot of the time. Does yours hide a lot (mine does)? Also what substrate do you use?

2 Likes

5 Likes

Mine used to hide a lot, but she’s getting better ever since I started interacting with her a lot more and I started tong feeding every so often. She basks in the open a lot more, but she’s still pretty huffy in the enclosure and will definitely let you know when she’s had enough handling time. I currently use aspen fiber, but this weekend I’m moving her into a larger enclosure and I’m gonna try out a soil/sand mix. I thought Aspen fiber would be good cause the northerns are a bit more arid, but I find that she has some difficulties shedding properly on this substrate.

2 Likes

I use cypress mulch because it allows more pockets of humidity and because it is easier to clean compared to sand/soil since my enclosure isn’t sealed. Are you going to do a bioactive enclosure?

2 Likes

No, it won’t be bioactive. I’ve worked with a soil sand mix before though in a purely naturalistic non bioactive enclosure before though and it’s worked out.

3 Likes

Spot the potato!

4 Likes

3 Likes

Potato when I first got him vs now

Yes potato has decided to become a body builder
4 Likes

My year old Northern, Murphy!

2 Likes