Show us your Geckos!

She came named Wall-E as a rescue. A family was moving out and I happened to be picking up an enclosure from them, and when I was on my way there, they offered me another larger one for just a couple bucks, and sort of surprised me with the gecko when I showed up. He seemed like a nice kid, he was walking around with her on his hand while they packed, and all of her things were broken down and in bags long before I got there… Glad I found her, who knows what would have happened. So, I kept the name even after I sexed her. Not that her name is super important, I guess, even though sometimes I swear she responds to it, but I figured I’d give you some context on the matter. :smile:

4 Likes

Oh wow!
Meant to be then :grin:
I love the name, (it’s a brilliant movie haha) I think you may need an ‘Eve’ now too :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

My fatty, is a fatty! He sees me doing food and straight over! :joy:
Haru is now with him ready for breeding season! :grin:

10 Likes

10 Likes

What a cute little foot :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

It’s always “Where’s Waldo?” with these mourning geckos… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Well one of ours escaped and not found her, assuming she got outside… And the other girl is never seen I swear! In the viv I know as she eats! And the other half managed to get a pic a couple weeks ago finally and she’s huge! How the heck can’t I find her then! :joy:

4 Likes

A beautiful simple silhouette of a tiny foot!

2 Likes

This is one baby I was initially going to keep, unfortunately I’m not anymore :sweat_smile:she goes to her new home in a couple of weeks., I’m really happy with how the season has gone so far, although I haven’t hatched a Lilly White as yet despite trying with all my might!
I’d love to see your favourite hatch/hatches of the season so far!, please do share., this gecko is one of my favourite hatchlings., along with a few gargoyle geckos which I shared on another thread :slight_smile:

8 Likes

8 Likes

I love the dorsal pattern and colour, esp with the dark base :star_struck:

3 Likes

I love working with geckos!, I’ve worked with cresties for many years, leachies, and tokays also., and the last couple of seasons I’ve had success with my superstripe gargoyle pair., I can’t tell you how incredible all the offspring have been from the pairing., I’d like to share just a couple of photos of just one hatchling as an example. The gargoyles are unrecognisable when they change from fired up to down, and each hatchling has been completely different to the others. This is a 7g garg, both fired up and down, leaves me in a couple of weeks :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Thankyou, semi fired in those photos, the base is insane on this one which was why I initially was going to hold back., this is unfortunately another I’ve just let go off, same nice base, but what she misses in the dorsal pattern she makes up for with the orange lats and insanely bright orange pigment!

11 Likes

Those are great colors.

3 Likes

Thankyou, it’s all about the base here haha!

2 Likes

The colours are awesome. I love dark base Cresties, my favourite (so far) :star_struck: I hope to produce some awesome dark base Cresties next year :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Dark base are also my favourite, I’m really loving Super dals and Lillys ect, but dark base will always be close to my heart., it just makes for great contrast when you add in other pigment. Good luck with your dark base next year, it’s a great project to do, I haven’t come across a dark base gecko that hasn’t looked incredible still yet!, they are beautiful. Dark base is the only project I’ve worked on for many years, but this season I’ve branched out and producing super dals, dals, reds, and red pins. As I said, unfortunately haven’t hatched a lilly yet., do you have any eggs hatching this season?, and what’s your most anticipated pairing for the future?

3 Likes

So my Crestie is hopefully due to lay her first eggs in a few weeks :crossed_fingers: this year is my first season. I’ve had Cresties for many years, just wasn’t the right time to breed, but now it is :grin:

I’ve got several plans that I’m SUPER excited to about, too many to mention all, here are a few.

First pairing was an orange brindle to a dark base tricolour Lilly White in hope of an orange Lilly White.

I will be breeding my 2 dark base soft scale Cresties together (eventually) in hope to produce super soft scales plus I want to produce a red Lilly White, ideally with soft scale in the mix.

I hope to get a few soft scale offspring but one is not ready to breed yet and the other arrives late next week so she should be ready to breed soon :crossed_fingers: she is a proven breeder.

4 Likes

Both beautiful geckos, love the dark base :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I have a lot breeding this year and we have currently 16 babies here along with lots of eggs incubating. I add a thread up every clutch which you can find on my portfolio on my page. :blush:
But i do have a few favourites and pos holdbacks! I’ll get some pics of my favs atm!

And I’m most excited for next year when Naruto is breeding. He’s a Red phantom Lilywhite with red Dal spots! He’s going to Akira who’s a Red Extreme Tricolour. And depending on growth etc possible going to a phantom Quadstripe if female and I’d like him with one of my super Dal girls also as his mum was a confetti!

Who are you lost looking forward too? :blush:

4 Likes

I love this geckos! He is just breathtaking :grin:

3 Likes