Show us your morphs that improved/ changed with age

16 Likes

Wow those really did improve with age! Both cypress clown and your wookie chocolate brightened and blushed up! What I am surprised about the most though is your banana hurricane hasn’t even slightly washed out! Still very colorful and nice contrast as well!

7 Likes

That banana is :fire:

7 Likes

Both of those snakes are SO gorgeous as adults, wow. You’re right, the lesser banana pastel aged like wine!

I’m curious what determines which snakes yellow with age and which don’t? Is it particular gene combinations? Particular lines?

7 Likes

Others can tell you better about other morphs and mine, but defiantly bananas can can get more yellow with age.
As for my OP pictures, I think that’s more about it darkening slightly overall and that making the colours more richer, including the yellows. The colours were a bit faded on hatching. Maybe I was just lucky with that combo.

6 Likes

Huffman CG

13 Likes

Oh my! What a beautiful change! :+1:

7 Likes

That dorsal glows! Nice amount of freckles too!

8 Likes

Cant forget Toothless a Huffman Black Pastel

13 Likes

Here is a Pied double het I hatched in 2021. I was surprised by how much black scaling has come in around the patterning, including the black spot between the two saddles that wasn’t there originally.

11 Likes

Always wanted a super banana. That one is beautiful

7 Likes