Show your silly reptile pictures!

@ashleyraeanne @trnreptiles Yes, temporarily while we get the new rack finished. One of their tanks shattered during the move. But they’ve been doing wonderful. Calm and comfortable, no issues.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t ever house two ball pythons together except for breeding purposes. Even with breeding it’s usually a temporary thing. It would otherwise cause undue stress onto your animals, and I’ve heard of it resulting in cannibalism in cases where one animal was much larger than the other.
I would instead set up a temporary enclosure (a small tub with a latching lid would work fine, with holes poked into the sides using a soldering iron for air ventilation) for one of the snakes.
Add a heat mat + thermostat, hides if you use a bigger tub, and whatever else you’d like and it’d be good to go.

Plus, once you have the rack finished you’d have a spare tub for quarantining new arrivals :wink:

1 Like

I agree on not housing them together and I doubt that snuggling is really what they have in their mind when they lay down like this, but to be honest…it does look cute though :grin:

3 Likes

Very true. In most cases they’re competing for space and/or resources, such as hides, heat, etc. Most species of snake are solitary animals until it’s breeding season.

It does look cute, but as you said the snakes probably aren’t thinking about that. They just both want the same space :sweat_smile:

And since I don’t want to get too far off topic… here’s Banan after I told him he was gonna be a father :joy: I don’t think he’s ready for kids :joy::joy:

His girlfriend, Ava, is looking mighty thicc. No interest in food and seems very restless :grin:

8 Likes

That’s really funny :rofl: :joy:

Hey you got a little something something on the corner of your mouth sir

7 Likes

“I have had quite enough of this bath, sir. Kindly remove me at once.”
:joy::joy:

15 Likes

I am the one who boops

17 Likes

mr et would not stop moving on picture day

11 Likes

… is it food day?

7 Likes

Lost power for few hours here so I let her snuggle with me til it came back and her heat mat warmed her warm hide

7 Likes

I love burm faces lol!

15 Likes

Something about my snakes, but they always seem to want to defy gravity.

23 Likes

our little girl Sophie likes sitting nice and warm in my sleeve, but still wants to see what’s happening around her.

15 Likes

Sometimes they like to hide in water bowls. I’ll never understand why, but it is adorable.

15 Likes

My snakes have more personality than my dogs do lmao

9 Likes

WOW ha-ha. Now that’s pretty cool!

@annakirby I luv bamboos! Is this a Bamboo pinstripe pastel? Beautiful🐍 Did you breed or get?

1 Like

15 Likes