Side by side enclosures

I just got a nice big shelf so I can have my snakes in the same place. Currently they are in different rooms in the house so this just puts everything in one spot so I’m not running around on cleaning/feeding days.

So my question is…if I were to put both their tanks side by side on the same shelf (not permanently since they are in 20gal right now and will eventually need their own shelf when their tanks get upgraded), should I move one of their heat pads? Im just worried that S2’s cool spot will be too warm if S1’s heat pad is right next to it. This isnt an issue of space, they could have their own shelf right now if I chose to put it that way, I just think they would look nice side by side.

Poorly constructed pic for reference.
Fig 1 is what it would look like, should it be Fig 2?

1 Like

I would think setting them up like this would be best, keeping the cool sides as far from a heat source as possible…

… If the gap between them (red) is larger than a inch or so then I don’t think any noticeable difference will be seen either way you set them up.

Testing them out and recording the temps may be the way to go.

6 Likes

that makes a lot more sense, thank you @eaglereptiles!!

1 Like

I would agree with @eaglereptiles.
Back when I used to use tanks, I now use racks and animal plastic enclosures, I would keep multiple cages together on a shelf like you’re planning to do.
I set them up like how Tom altered your drawing, and I never had a problem controlling the heat. It also allows you to have your wires and thermostat all in one place instead of having them come off 2 separate sides of the shelf.

6 Likes

I currently have 2 pvc enclosures set up like how @eaglereptiles drew out. I velcro’d the 2 of them together and slapped some heat tape in the middle lol. Makes it alot easier to manage than 2 separate systems.

1 Like