Single pinstripe

Hi, what’s your opinion on this 2 ?

pinstripe only?

not very experienced with pinstripes.

3 Likes

What was the pairing? It doesn’t look like normal pinstripe to me but I am HORRIBLE with ball python morphs. @banereptiles @trnreptiles @armiyana any of you guys have an opinion on this?

4 Likes

I am also not well-versed on morphs either like @logar but all with all that white coming up the sides and the headstsmp it makes me think there could possibly be something else in there. Again, deferring to the experts to give a more credible answer.
Pretty snake!

4 Likes

Pairing info is definitely helpful.
Pinstripe is highly variable and not one of the genes I’m well versed in. But I definitely think there’s something else in the first one at least if not both.

1 looks like a couple of pin het clowns I’ve seen. They had some extra white flaming up from the belly.
2 is definitely pretty bright but doesn’t seem to have the exaggerated white flames like 1

5 Likes

Pairing info and pictures of the parents if you have them would be really helpful.

6 Likes

Wow! @han99 Those are really pretty snakes! Could they possibly have some spider going on? And @logar Logan don’t make fun of me if this guess is ridiculous! Lol! :joy:

2 Likes

Actually I see where the guess is coming from but a spider pinstripe would have a lot more white on the side and has a different pattern. This is a good exampe of what one would look like

3 Likes

Ok thank you Logan! This is where I was remembering spider from! I am so proud of you! You are definitely progressing in your knowledge and journey! Keep learning because one of these I am going to be visiting your shop! :heart:

Auntie Caron!

3 Likes

Thanks for the input everyone :slight_smile:

The female is Pastel Pinstripe Desertghost

she locked with two males

Freeway and Butter Axanthic Clown

3 Likes

Looks a lot like a cryptic, pin! With that pairing I would suggest possibly yb or asphalt or it could be a het. Clown and the influence is showing on the side pattern, like others have suggested. I don’t know for sure in pin if a het dg does much in the way of brightness. I have several het enhancers and the brightness wasn’t very different, but the patterns were a little aberrant.
Nice looking snake!:+1:

5 Likes

this is the rest of the clutch.

4 Likes

It could be a yellowbelly pinstripe, but I would expect to see a weirder pattern at the belly. I think it’s just a pinstripe with really nice het DG expression. I could definitely see het clown as well, but I’m not great at IDing het clown.

4 Likes

Definitely not just pin. I would have to say with this paring, pin dg.

2 Likes

Do you mean pin het DG? Because neither male is DG, one is axanthic clown

I would think maybe pin triple hets.

7 Likes

Definitely doesn’t look like a regular pin, but I wouldn’t be able to offer any insight on what’s going on beyond that :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes. Guess I should have added more words. Sometimes I shortcut and leave things out.

2 Likes

Some update pic of the secound one still pretty bright at 500g

5 Likes

I was just thinking and it seems like this could potentially be a split partho clutch. @armiyana @banereptiles @ballornothing do you guys have any thoughts on that?

1 Like

huh. if that pin is a female… might be worth sending a skin shed out to see if it tests for het or homozygous DG. if it ended up a partho baby, then super pin DG could be why it’s such a particularly bright baby

2 Likes

Definitely appears to be a DG Pin. Let’s see what @t_h_wyman thinks.

3 Likes