Sir Elmo is looking bright!

Elmo shed out today and I still can’t believe how much brighter he is after it.

This actually captures the color pretty well.

10 Likes

Oh my goodness what a big handsome boy!

4 Likes

Sir Elmo is so handsome! Especially with his fresh new coat of… skin? scales? I honestly can’t tell because he looks scaleless but also not.

edit: nvm I just checked your bio :expressionless::melting_face:

4 Likes

Cool look! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Is that his tub I can see in the picture? It looks nice

4 Likes

Agreed! Looks very fun for the distinguished elmo!

3 Likes

Haha yeah he is pretty strange. I like to call him semi-scaleless due to him being a “low quality” scaleless due to all the scales he has. But I love the close to 50/50 scale to skin ratio which really drew me to him originally.

Yep! And thanks! It is a bit small currently as it is just a temporary enclosure until his new one is fully set up. I just need a couple more things and about 2 months and it should be ready. He does seem to be doing very well in his tub though and he probably could have another 3-4 months before completely outgrowing it.

3 Likes

I agree, it is pretty cool when they are 50/50 or have just patches of scales. Elmo is a wonderful choice model for it as well! He almost needs his own merch for all his adoring fans here on MM :smirk:

4 Likes

If only I had more than $27 to my name and didn’t owe someone $50 in 2 weeks :smiling_face_with_tear:

Also, I just realized that I have never explained why Elmo is named well… Elmo. So back when I was just turning 2, my mom was pregnant with my brother. So we were going on a walk and my mom asked me what I thought was a good name for him. So being a toddler who loved Sesame Street, I said Elmo! Then she asked for another name so I said Cookie Monster! Then another and I said Car! My bothers name is Carson so I guess I got what I wanted. But anyway, I couldn’t think of a name when I first got him and I was in the middle of playing Ping Pong with my brother and it hit me, Elmo. My first name choice for my brother for my first snake. Plus the reddish orange color it just seemed to fit.

5 Likes

That such a cute way to name a snake! And Elmo is a great name! Elmo himself is great, I love elmo (the snake more than the sesame street one)
I just thought my snake looked like he had one braincell that was jumping around like a bean in a jar being shaken up. Also I was convinced he was going to be very shy and scared of everything when I got him but instead he was curious and wanted to sniff everything around him rather than hide, and my strange word association skills labeled him as a “curious little bean” :beans:
His name was actually supposed to be “Boops”

2 Likes

Ha! I was 3 when my little brother was cooking and I wanted to name him ‘book’ because I had just started reading. My mom compromised with ‘Reid’ (read) :joy: :joy:

2 Likes