Small ball python tank size

hello I have a 35 gallon tank and was wondering if a small male ball python could live in this.

2 Likes

What are the dimensions for it?

You should be able to keep one since it shouldn’t be too much smaller than a 40 gallon. I have a 34g I was keeping leopard geckos in for a bit…

The downside is, you may need to move up to that size over time if you are starting with a very young snakes. They sometimes get overwhelmed with big spaces like that and need a smaller start.
The sides and back may need to be covered to make the little one feel more secure
And humidity can be very frustrating to dial in. You may need to cover quite a bit of the top. If the top doesn’t have a secure lid will also be an issue. Snakes are escape artists so make sure the lid gets clamped down tight.

I have one smaller male with a handicap that lives comfortably in a glass tank, but not all will. Especially if you end up with a larger male you may need to upgrade after some time.

2 Likes

36x14x17 are the dimensions so a 34 gallon.

2 Likes

You should be good. But definitely follow what @armiyana posted about heat and humidity. Glass tanks with screen tops and or fronts do not hold heat and humidity well. If you have eating problems, you may need to really clutter it up or use something smaller.

1 Like

ok thanks :blush:

1 Like

I think. that I am just going to use a bin.

1 Like

A real secure bin that I have used, Ezy Storage, from Target. I put 1/4in holes along the 2 sides near the to but only on half of it and a few in one end. You can add some to the lid if needed. You will have to test temps and humidity to know how many to do. Under tank pad with some kind or control to adjust it.

ok thanks you very much.