Smallest hatchling I have seen yet

Came from a small boob egg I didn’t think would go to term, as it molded over pretty early on. Snapped this on the way out of the door for work will get some better photos later.

18 Likes

I love the little boob 🥲😝
That should be it’s name haha

6 Likes

Looks like it can fit in a Dixie cup

4 Likes

I’m rooting for them!
Fight itty bitty, fight!

4 Likes

Probably grow up to be a huge snake too! Pulling for the little guy!

3 Likes

I hope that he/she makes it! We are all rooting for him!

5 Likes

I also hope he/she makes it. So tiny!

3 Likes

Top pic has a quarter for perspective.
Also noticed some weird spotted scalation.
Sadly his big sister didn’t make it.

6 Likes

My smallest were 2 sets of twins I had a few years back. 17, 17 and the other set 17, 18. The only only that died was the 18 gram one when it got around 100 grams it died and I don’t know why.

2 Likes

I had one almost the same size this season as well. It was the first egg from clutch two and was an all gener. Hatched at 14 grams, and passed away at 29 grams. I wish you all the best in getting your little baby growing big and strong.

4 Likes

I hatched a guy last year from a wonky egg. He was a giant at 19 grams lol. He’s doing awesome now and I still have him! I hope your guy does well for you!

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about his sister passing.
I’m still rooting for him!

3 Likes

Wow I didn’t know they’d hatch as low as the teens! I was in shock when I hatched a 24g twin this year and wasn’t sure if he’d make it (it’s a good thing I breed mice as well as rats). He’s doing well and up to 83g now.

7 Likes

So, quick update Tiny didn’t actually shed after coming out of the egg. He also refused his first two attempts at feeding. Because of his size and body condition I decided to do an assist feed tonight with a 3 day old ASF.

3 Likes

Another update, up to 25 grams, seems to be passing food and water fine. However, still refusing to eat on his own, just curls up around the ASF or mouse fuzzy and beds down for the night…

He also has yet to shed.

Planning a couple more assist feeds if necessary, before giving him a week or so off if he continues to refuse food. I want to get him to low mid 30 gram range just to be on the safe side.

Curious if anyone with more experience wants to weigh in on wether I should continue assist feed as needed for longer or stop now.

4 Likes

That’s going to be a choice you make. I would even if assist feeding allow time for proper digestion. I do know from personal experiences assist fed snakes tend to be life long problem feeders.

1 Like

Lil boob 🥲

1 Like

Just a quick update since it’s been awhile, doing well finally hit 120 grams. Sounds sad to say at his age, but took forever to get from 13-100 then in last month put on 20%…

7 Likes