Snow hognose baby sexing

I was sold this little one unsexed. I’m not comfortable popping on a baby this small but I’ve been told you can ID by tail characteristics. I would like to buy an artic hatchling to go along with this one for a possible future project but the gender of the snow is the determining factor in what I buy. Based on my research online I’m leaning towards it being female. Would any experienced hognose people mind weighing in?

4 Likes

Gonna need clearer photos of the underside of the tail to be able to tell. Right now I’d lean more towards male.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @dieselchick86! That’s a pretty little noodle you have there! Glad you found us! Best wishes for a successful project in the future! :blush:

3 Likes

As mentioned, clearer pictures will help a lot, but I’m thinking female on this one.

3 Likes

Super cute I love snows! I’m leaning towards male for this little one. If you are not comfortable sexing and don’t have someone knowledgeable to do so, there is genetic testing that can be done with a clean shed.

4 Likes

A better bottom and side view of the tail would help a lot but I am leaning towards male

4 Likes

Welcome to the community, @dieselchick86. That’s a pretty baby. I can’t venture an opinion on this, but if you don’t get a consensus you can always send a shed in to RGI and find out.

3 Likes