So what size terrarium should a boa be living in?

I have looked over all of the internet about this question, there is alot of controversy about this topic, and I have decided to bring it up in the Morphmarket community. What size should a Boa (BCC or BCI mainly) live in? The sizes that people recommend (for an sub adult, to an adult) vary from 48x24x24 to 96x36x36. Basically a 4ft by 2ft by 2ft or and 8ft by 3ft by 3ft. People also recommend terrarium sizes in between those numbers, but I honestly don’t know what is best for the animal, and budget. I know sometimes bigger is better, but I want to know what sizes other people has housed their Boas, and what sizes is the recommended best for a Boa, that is not too expensive. At least a cage that does not surpass 500-600 dollars.

1 Like

Personally my boa (BI) is now about 5 feet, and I am getting a 4’ 2’ 15” from animal plastics. And later I may move him in to something different and bigger

1 Like

I use 4x2 footprint with varying height for my Boas. With that said my largest girl is ready for an upgrade.

2 Likes

For boas I’d say bigger is better. Unlike a ball python, they are generally bulletproof feeding wise so a large cage won’t intimidate them. They’ll make use of ground space, height and a large water basin to soak or swim in, if cost is a limiting factor but space isn’t, you can build a very large cage much cheaper than you would buy one.

3 Likes

I have my fiancé’s boa, Bessie, in a T8 enclosure now. She seems waaaay too small for it, but spends most of her time in her hide I gave her. I’m hoping to pick up some decorations and an additional hide for her at the expo we’re taking a trip to here in a couple weeks.

Once she outgrows it, I’m… not too sure what I’ll do with it then. I’ll probably either put my girl Delta in it (she’s my first ball python and technically a pet) or I’ll find a species to put in there that can live comfortably in one as an adult.

2 Likes