Some 2021 Hatchlings

Now that I’ve settled into my new place, I finally found time to take photo’s of some of this year’s hatchlings. I’m really happy with what 2021 has given me thus far :slight_smile: and still have a couple more clutches to go

17 Likes

I really really dig the last one! Screamer!

2 Likes

Ugh, so cute! I think I’m going to have to add a hognose to my collection at some point. What are the morphs of these guys? Love your third photo the best - such a cute little face!

3 Likes

I cannot wait to add many! :rofl:

3 Likes

You should see the one that ended up probing male. He’s way higher contrast and has a nicer reverse stripe!

Thanks Olivia :slight_smile: I’m trying to prove out a morph that popped up in my collection, the first 3 I have no clue what they are as they’re from the female who produced the oddball. The last one is an Albinoconda with the reverse stripe pattern. That third one is a favourite of mine! He’s got so much yellow to him!

I cannot wait for you to start adding many!!

2 Likes

Me either but it probably will be a few years away, due to me really diving into the boa breeding.

1 Like

I was looking forward to seeing him unfortunately you didn’t post any pictures :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

As you should be everything I’ve seen has been top notch! And good luck! Looking forward to seeing more!

2 Likes

Dope photos, what’s your setup? I’ve been considering something similar

1 Like

It’s because he’s one of the most dramatic ones in the clutch :roll_eyes:

Thanks! I really can’t wait for the Super Arctic clutch to hatch :slight_smile:

Thanks! I use a piece of black acrylic with black fabric for the backdrop. Simple and cheap

2 Likes

That is why I wanna hognose!! They are so cute, and feisty.

2 Likes

I agree, their feistiness sounds like a lot of fun to work with.

2 Likes

It really does, baby hoggies are amazing! Except when it comes to eating :tired_face:

1 Like

From that very first head butt, I guarantee you’ll be hooked :wink:

It’s so much fun! Getting them started can be a pain if you’re not patient. Once you’ve had a hatchling that’s gone 6 - 7 months before taking it’s first meal, find it’s appetite and turn into a feeding machine, it’s so rewarding.

Make sure you buy a well established hatchling from a good breeder :slight_smile: Most good breeders won’t sell their hatchlings until they’ve taken 10 consecutive, unscented meals. If they make it to 8 meals, then refuse the 9th, you restart the count.

3 Likes

Sweet, I can’t wait to start looking!

1 Like

This is my favorite time in the reptile world. All these babies! Love it!

1 Like

Adorable :heart_eyes:! I’ll totally get a hognose soon! maybe even at the december hamburg reptile expo?

2 Likes

Another group of hatchlings fresh out of the egg :slight_smile: just as my big het Sable girl gives me a clutch of 18 good eggs!

8 Likes

I see the albino conda one with paradox!

1 Like

haha, y’know you’re the first person to see that? I was wondering how long it’d take for someone to notice :joy:

1 Like

Is it a male or female? She/he is really a breathtaking snake!