Some Of My Boa's

Pics of a few of my Boas…

25 Likes

Beautiful boas!

may I ask what species this is? I don’t recognize it at all

13 Likes

It’s a Madagascar Sanzinia Tree Boa (Mandorin Phase)…They’re pretty rare so not alot of people have seen them.

9 Likes

@ag2357 Love your atb’s hands down my favorite boas! Super super nice!

2 Likes

Thanks I appreciate that…It’s a CBB baby I got a while back from Jeff Godbold…Not sure about sex but its a very calm animal and has never struck at me.

3 Likes

Great looking collection of animals.

2 Likes

That’s cool, beautiful boa. I’ll have to look into them. The head reminds me of a dragon

2 Likes

Oh yes that my favorite part…That head especially once they become full size adults. They are such gentle snakes…I mean truly a baby. I’m not a breeder but if I were to breed any of my snakes it be these…I just hope they don’t end up endangered.

3 Likes

Oh, you have some beautiful boas! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

What is the husbandry like for the MTB? I picked up a CBB Surinam red-tail around 6months back as my only current reptile and I’m thinking about an MTB as my next addition as I fell in love with boas. I just wish there was more info and breeders for MTBs.

2 Likes

They’re pretty hardy animals not the type that would die on you in just a few days due to errors in husbandry such as wrong humidity or enclosure temps (NOT including a super high wattage basking bulb in an enclosure to small and baking your animal obviously…Heat kills). I keep my girl with a hot spot of about 88F but she has branches that cross under the bulb at different heights so she can thermo regulate her self accordingly. The rest of enclosure usually stays in the upper 70’s. The lowest they get at night i’d say is 74F degrees. I keep humidity at around 66-67 range. I have three hides (they like dark areas) one at each end and another in the middle. I also have one water bowel. The girl eats every 2-3 weeks something that leaves just a small bump. This species grows slow. They are super gentle and shy…They arent normally fast movers…They stop and think for a while before moving a few inches LOL. My girls like that for the first few minutes of handling then she gets a bit less shy and explores a bit more vigorously.

5 Likes

My AP cages (one for my ATB and another for the Emerald) FINALLY arrived after forever…

Just throwing a picture up…(Emerald gets a larger size) I’ll be going substrateless (I hate the bugs that are usually associated with moist substrate in high humidity conditions) this time around. I kept it simple…Removable perches of different widths few fake greenery, hide, water bowel, etc. I also have some perch branches on order and a wall mounted water tray.

5 Likes

This beastie decided to tag me today…My fault for deciding not to use my hook (he’s hook trained like most my snakes). Thats what happens when you’re in a hurry lol. I was on my way out the door saw he had peed in enclosure so decided to clean up real quick (don’t like leaving animal sittin on its own pee) and grabbed him without touchin his lovely lil head with the hook and bam he got me. Didn’t really hurt much and handled him for about 10mins afterwards just to show him who’s boss lol Well actually he showed me…

3 Likes

And off course like most snake bites it looked swollen but starts to get better fairly quickly so no harm. Just so any new reptile owners see that the bites aren’t as bad as some imagine.

2 Likes

My girl Sanza still as loving and sweet as always…Such a timid gal.

8 Likes

Osiris…A Northern Emerald that’s never struck at me…Hopefully he never changes. He gets handled once a month just to keep him used to it. I only handle arboreals once a month but all my other guys/gals get to come out weekly.

6 Likes

6 Likes

They are rare. That phase is awesome. The younger pictures look like mandarin rat snake colours. I was not familiar with it.
I have always fancied the green phase

4 Likes

What kind of boa is #336? Nice looking snakes. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

Thanks…Not sure what you meant by #336 but if its the brown and yellow one its a Madagascar Sanzinia Tree Boa. This one’s Mandarin phase…There’s also a green phase.

1 Like