Southern california ball python hobbiest and breeder!

How many people are from So Cal?

I have 20 Ball pythons and breed as a hobby!

Looking for local breeders and or hobbiest to share knowledge and ask questions when needed. It would also be nice to know who is in my area!

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m not sure if Bakersfield counts as So Cal. Maybe more like South Central? But it’s nice to see other CA breeders on here. I have about 20 ball pythons too. How long have you been breeding?

1 Like

I’ve only been breeding about a year. I’ve had ball pythons for about 5 years. You?

I’ve had snakes for three and a half years, but I’ve only bred ball pythons for the last two. Technically I tried the first year, but my male wasn’t ready.

I started off just keeping a few as pets, then I got a few more… and then a bunch more. You know how it is.

1 Like

Yes I do! There is a reptile super show this weekend … let’s see what I come home with!

Can you create groups on this page or is it just what’s listed?

There are no group this is a forum format not a social media platform like facebook or mewe.

The forum is divided in subforuns which we created by owner and are based on popularity and traffic.

We also use tags but do not allow self promoting tags for example.

2 Likes

La crescenta breeder here.

1 Like

I’m hoping I can make it on Sunday, but I have a lot of plans this weekend. Not sure I’ll be able to fit it in.

Im in Southern Cal. New to breeding, always had reptiles growing up as i kid and just got back into it about 2 years ago. Currently only have one breeding pair but will be investing quite a bit into racks, another incubator, and some proven balls next month.

1 Like

Wow, nearly 4 years since last reply to this little group, hope it’s not a message in a bottle! I’m in Agoura Hills, by the way…bordering cities being the more recognizable Malibu and Calabasas.

I left the BP hobby 8 years ago, but was bit again recently, and am collecting a few babies. I’d love to do a small hobby breeding project in a couple years. I think it would be a lot of fun to see what others in my area have, and perhaps get a partner project going, breeding mine with interesting morph potentials? Maybe make a new friend or 2 in the process.

I just bought a 1.0 Ultramel, 0.1 Butter Enchi 100% het clown, and about to get a 0.1 Mojave Ultramel. I hope I’m able to stop there for a while, and grow these babies up. Problem, is there are so many I’d love to have…will power! Also, my wife will throw me out, so that helps keep me in line.

OK, so it will be nice to connect with any BP fans close by. Thanks!
Randy

1 Like

welcome to the community! If you want you can create a new introduction post. Hope we see you around here more!

1 Like