Spacing PVC Enclosures

What do you use to space your PVC enclosures and stack them?

I was thinking 1x1 pine along the front and back.

All I know is pine is toxic to snakes, but you would have to get confirmation from other people if that applies for having it in the same room, personally, I would not take the risk and just use a different type of wood that’s non-toxic for snakes and reptiles, but then again I will check with what other people say.

I would say having it in the same room doesn’t matter since the framing for your walls is made out of pine.

I actually just stack my pvc enclosures on top of each other.
So I use other pvc cages to stack my pvc cages lol, which is also the best look in my opinion

1 Like

Im not sure that they would effect them if not in the tank. And also no matter what wood you use you are going to want to seal it so I would think that would lock in whatever fumes or oils from leaking out. I mean if sealant makes the wood impenetrable even water I would think it would be fine.

I use the felt slider disks that you put under furniture feet, one on each corner and one each 30cm or so along front and back. I also tend to run a row or two under the centre of the cage as well.

3 Likes