Spider enclosures built

I finally built my enclosures for my Linothele Sericata and for my Macrothele Sp. Hoping they will enjoy their new enclosure ( it beats deli cups anyday ).

These took me all day to built because i had to take frequent breaks because of exhaustion. At least i won’t have to do too much changing. I may add a few more anchor points for my funnel web so she can make a great funnel.

I will post photos after they web it all up, im excited for that.

7 Likes

Looking pretty dang cool!

2 Likes

Thanks, I think they will make a good home.

1 Like

Never thought I’d say this, but I find myself wishing I were a funnel or curtain web spider so I could live there… Nice job!

1 Like

Thanks :heart: im having fun making new living spaces. This week is going to be busy since i am in the middle of moving some of my babies to new homes. I also have to clean all my scorpions enclosures so i will update them with new sand and decorations. I love making enclosure decorations from various pieces of driftwood or cork bark. My scorpions seem to enjoy the hides.

1 Like

Looks very nice! Definitely some cool little setups you’ve got there! :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you :pray: of course its really tough to mimic perfectly the wild conditions as there is so many nuances to that but i do try to give them a good environment.

1 Like

I will eventually probably switch to a 12x12x18 enclosure so i can have more of a rainforestesk canopy. My plants are already near the top, im just not going to look forward to having to move my funnel web in the future :joy:

1 Like

Love the creativity! It’s a beautiful thing when the animal’s home is a great place to live with all needs meet, and it’s also pleasant for the humans to look at and enjoy. I’m looking forward to seeing the spiders’ touches added to the decor. Well done!

2 Likes