Sploots; Why are they like this? + Share Photos

My big boy Gak sleeps like this, or in some variation of this, every day. Legs out to the side, little hands up, like a dead crocodile.
Before joining MM, I assumed it was just because he is a weird little freak, because he absolutely is a menace.
But now I’ve seen images of other leos doing it, and even cresties doing it on the glass!
I thought maybe it was a gecko thing, but now I’ve seen tegus and iguanas doing it??

Why?? Why are they like that? I love the sploot, but I am confused by the sploot.

If anyone else has ideas or sploot photos, please share! They bring me serotonin

9 Likes

Another example just to prove this is a daily occurance

7 Likes

I don’t think any of my snakes even can sploot, but I just love seeing your little geckos do it! How adorable!

4 Likes

Some of my geckos do this sometimes. It’s super cute when they do. I’ll see if I can find any pictures of it.

3 Likes

Please do! It’s basically free therapy for us :joy:

2 Likes

Flokei, our beardie, often naps like that. Usually under the UV-B light, and not the heat lamp… Don’t know why. Don’t even know if HE knows why!

4 Likes

My guys will sometimes sleep like that as well- super adorable! :blush: I dont think I have any pics, though, I’ll have to look.

2 Likes

I found a few older pics after all! Pablo (19 years old), Deedee as a baby, and Ochocinco as a juvenile.

5 Likes

That is too cute!

4 Likes

Those are so cute! Glad to see this is just an unknown phenomenon in other households too!
Here is a sploot from this morning, with some very sassy legs

5 Likes

Here’s a picture of draco “splooting” from the other night lol. I think he likes the heat his new CHE puts out at night.

Edit: wow i didn’t realize this was such an old thread lol. My bad :rofl:

3 Likes

Any sploot is appreciated regardless of the day!

3 Likes

I think more often than not when they sploot its just them being extremely comfy!

3 Likes

I hope! Must mean my boy’s slate rock is about as good as it gets :joy:

3 Likes

lolol this is probably the best one I’ve heard all day :joy:

1 Like