Spray paint for custom hide

What paint is safe for items inside the enclosure for a Ball python? I want to make a custom hide out of plastic and want to paint it black or brown. TIA

2 Likes

Spray paint is normally very fume heavy, even when aired out it can still have a strong chemical smell that can take forever to get rid of. That’s my experience with spray paint that I have used and been around, there could be a safe option out there that I am simply unaware of. I think a better option would be to use actual paint with pet safe paint?

3 Likes

Looking to see if someone knows a brand that is safe. There has to be paint that is reptile safe.

3 Likes

I’m sure someone will know and be able to help, otherwise anything labeled pet safe is usually reptile safe. Hope you get this sorted out!

1 Like

I found Ecos it’s 0 VOS paint, man it’s very expensive. Back to the drawing board. I will figure something else out.

3 Likes

Dry lock is in my opinion the best paint for reptiles. It dries hard and has texture to it. It also is only like $30 for a gallon bucket and that should last you pretty much forever.

5 Likes

Awesome, thanks.

1 Like

forgot to mention this but make sure to get the DryLok original. If you get the tintable kind, you can mix in quikrete coloring to change it to different shades of brown and gray.

2 Likes