Strange behaviour while feeding

I had the pleasure of watching this little albino noodle feed while I was browsing morphs and noticed that it was swallowing upright, all while swaying back and forth quite a lot. Is there any explanation for this behavior? Is it using gravity as an aid in swallowing?

EDIT: just noticed in the TOS that I shouldn’t share images of feeding, I apologise for missing that rule

When my normal ball was younger, and some of my baby corns, do this. As far as I can tell it’s the exertion mixed with “excitement” to eat. Especially if they like to do what yours is doing in the pics, lifting themselves upright to let gravity help slide it down. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

1 Like

Thanks for your help! These little guys are so precious and relatable, I too get overly excited over food :sweat_smile:

It’s great when they start eating much larger food items… Then they get overly excited in other ways. Winding up their prey while “flailing”. Trying to do what they did as babies and raise up to eat only to flop over cause food is to heavy. Kinda adorable deeps.

2 Likes

Completely normal for snakes in general to sway side to side when feeding. Gravity helps the meal go down so they lift and learn how to balance themselves.

Adults still do it too!

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up, it was quite hilarious to watch to be honest!

1 Like