Success! Tri-Color Hogs

@trnreptiles perhaps I can send you a male in the next 60 - 90 days!

1 Like

My first couple clutches started eating really easily. I left the babies overnight with a tiny boiled pinkie. In a very small plastic container. Subsequent clutches have been more problematic, frog scent, or frog reptilinks seem to work though.

1 Like

That would be great!
Just PM me whenever and we can work out details on that :ok_hand:

2 Likes

That is awesome! Congratulations would love to see pictures of the hatchlings!

2 Likes

Our female dropped a second clutch of 11 eggs today! That’s 19 total - I hope everyone wants a TCH! I’m going to be like Oprah - And you get a tricolor, and you get tricolor!!!

7 Likes

LOL that will be good for us

1 Like

They are so tiny and cute! Dang it, I really want a tricolor now… Are their personalities similar to westerns?

2 Likes

That’s so awesome! Congratulations!

2 Likes

And now she will never stop. We are going to be hip deep in tricolor hogs any day now.

3 Likes

No, I can’t say that their personality is similar at all. IMO, tricolors are more placid and would almost prefer to just be left alone. H. nassicus has more personality, a bravado (even if it’s all bluff).

1 Like

I’d love some more tricolors! I still just have my wee little girl Checkers! She’s gotten a little bigger too.

She’s calmed down quite a bit and seems more eager to eat. She’s actually eating a mouse pink behind my hand in this pic haha

3 Likes