Sunfire Cow Vs Regular Cow

How does one tell the difference between a Regular Cow and a Sunfire Cow. My reticulated python seems to be brighter and more colorful that most Cows that I have seen at his age. Any insight would help

1 Like

I can’t answer your question but it would probably help whoever does if you posted a pic of your retic. Besides I love retics so I would love to see a picture!

2 Likes

The first question I have: does one of the parents have sunfire?

Otherwise yes. As Caron said a photo is probably best to get an answer

3 Likes

Always a good place to start. :joy:

3 Likes

5 Likes

I just uploaded a video and I did not get info on the parentage.

2 Likes

Thanks guys for your help. @caron @armiyana @jawramik Hope the video might help with better identification. The previous owner could not tell me much about him other than the fact that he is a COW and he was born in 2024

2 Likes

Holy “cow” what a gorgeous boy! Such a stunning yellow popping in that video! My will never have bucket list animal! I’m assuming he will grow quite large! He looks to be calm in that video!

Thank you so very much for sharing @mullisdg! I do hope you get some answers. These people here are very knowledgeable. Also I like your shirt and your cross. I will leave it at that…… :blush::pray:

3 Likes

Beautiful snake. I’m surprised there’s so little spots coming in so far, but again, beautiful.

There’s definitely a lot of yellow in there. There are some phantom/het OGS that have a good amount of yellow, but if you look at ones proven sunfire they will be more so. So yeah. This boy does look a bit more like the latter.

Without knowing the history, I would still consider him possible until proven, but I would not be surprised if he does prove.

2 Likes

So you think he is leaning more towards Sunfire? I felt with all the yellow that he might and the reduced pattern and spots being that he is almost 2… @armiyana @caron he is super sweet but is a Houdini… Has escaped twice from his quarantine tub… Lol. Very docile and easy to handle. Blessed to get him

2 Likes

:joy: My CA boa escaped twice so I am acquainted with Houdinis! And yes you certainly are blessed! And we are so glad to have you! :pray:

1 Like

He escaped again.

1 Like

Seriously! That’s a bummer!!! :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

Yikes. Sounds like he needs an upgrade to a more protected enclosure.

All snakes are reaaaaally good at finding their way out of an enclosure. But with this guy sounds like he may have learned a good way to push so his tub pops open.
May need something with an actual lock or closure.

2 Likes

He is finally out of his quarantine area so he has been upgraded to his permanent enclosure. This one has a lock…lol

2 Likes

So obviously you found him again?

1 Like

yep. got him secured now

3 Likes