Super Dwarf Retics

@partysnake13 I could not agree more. And that’s why everyone really needs to research who they buy from, and what specifically you are looking for in a super dwarf or dwarf retic.

1 Like

I agree that the 50% rule is accurate but also that small females will contribute to small animals. That being said, some people do not want to add any dwarf or SD blood to their mainland projects. That’s why I post my ads with exact percentages and categorize them in with Dwarf or SD. That way if someone is looking for ANY percentage of Dwarf or SD, they can find it easier. I will spell out on the animal description the bedding y with parent lineage and size so then buyers can get a feel for how big the animal will get based on parental size and lineage.

4 Likes

This topic is old, but I thought maybe bumping it up would be of value for people contemplating getting a retic. I got mine just before the ban. I bought him at auction from Bob Clark who had a lot of positive customers. The one I got is a male SD tiger. Good thing I got the male because he is 13 feet! Luckily, he is svelte at 30 LB and he has the tiger laid back personality.

I had another SD from a Vital Exotics who was pushing 10 feet at 4 years old, I rehomed her because she was not laid back. So yes, do your homework. If I was to do this again, I would ask to see the parents.

1 Like