Super OD? Maybe

Thanks, yes home made wine cooler incubator. I use easy hatch trays, with press n seal to keep humidity. Since my eggs are not in the substrate i soak the vermiculite. I will save my money for a c serpents incubator if thats better. I switch from the walmart gages to the govee so i dont have to open the tub to see what it is doing in the tub. I see everything from my phone. . I have moved all reptiles out of my room because its about 10 degrees colder then the rest of my house. I gotta do an air exchange tonight i will take a picture of what it looks like. Top one is my king snake eggs, bottom one is my ball pythons the gauge is outside the tub in the king’s. Humility is near 100%

1 Like

If you dont mind me asking, why are you incubating so low? The average temp across the hobby is 89°. It can go all the way to 92°. But if you plan to incubate at 88° you understand gestation will be longer…right? In no way am i telling you to crank it up to 92°, but i am saying just be aware of the difference in gestation.

Yes, i dropped it one degree because of all the loss at 89/90. Yes i am perfectly ok with it taking longer. I wont cut until pips happen. 88 is on the low end of the range (88-90) the egg i lost didnt have strong veins right from the start so i dont think it had anything to do with what i did or didnt do. It was totally rotten at the 7 day check. 2 of the 3 last clutches, Stitch laid 4 good eggs, only 1 survived but the father had been dead for 2 years so i think the sperm wasnt very good. The orange dream clutch ( that produced richard) 5 good eggs. 1 survived absolutely no idea what happened. They all died throughout the incubation period. The desert ghost clutch all survived and was healthy. And this clutch 5 laid, one didnt have strong viens died early on, the last 4 looks great and day 55 is June 5th. I am not out of the normal range of incubation and from what i understand as long as there is no fluctuations its ok to at 88.

This is my eggs box

3 Likes

Well sounds like you have a game plan. Best of luck

1 Like

Sucks you got them dang ol clowns without wanting them. Straight up trade my OD female for yours :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Lol. He inspired me to work with it. He is kinda pretty for a clown. Haha. We will see where he takes me. I am thinking i should add fire or pastel. Maybe clean it up more with desert ghost. We will see.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t advise going over 89, let alone up to 92. A lot of others here tend to have much better success at 86-87, and there’s less of a risk to the hatchlings. An extra week in the incubator is a lot better than overcooked babies, imo.

4 Likes

This is spot on imo

4 Likes