Swiss chocolate

What are your thoughts on the swiss chocolate hogs?

3 Likes

I love it and am excited to work it into a number of projects.

4 Likes

I love them! The albino swiss chocolates are out of this world as well. I would love to bring them into some projects I have planned once I start breeding if the price comes down at all

3 Likes

This is my female Swiss Chocolate I imported from the originator of the gene, Jules Toth in Switzerland.

13 Likes

Is Swiss Chocolate just another line of Sable? Or are they both unique dark genes?

1 Like

I’ve never seen this morph of hoggie before. So cute :heart_eyes:!! Its also making me crave chocolate right now. Kinda makes me want one even though I think I cant have a hoggie due to the dumb bylaw on venomous including mild venomous.

3 Likes

His red Swiss Chocolates are :fire: I’m hoping to pick some up this season, if I don’t hold back too much.

It hasn’t been proven yet, to my knowledge. Jules paired his Chocolate with a Sable last year I believe. The Chocolate ate the Sable :expressionless:

4 Likes

We don’t know for sure yet. Mine looks quite different than the Sables I hatched last year but only breeding can prove it for sure. Either way, I love the very dark heads on Swiss Chocolates.

2 Likes

I’m scared to ask but also extremely curious. What is the cost associated with importing a swiss chocolate? I haven’t seen any for sale and as far as I know; Jules Toth had all of them.

2 Likes

As you can imagine it wasn’t cheap. Right now he is the only person I know of with any for sale so you should probably inquire with him.

3 Likes

@rberkley Curious your thoughts since you originally asked and started this thread? Are you working with the gene?

2 Likes

I really like them. I have a pair of hets from Jules. I am hoping to eventually do my own breeding project with sable and swiss.

5 Likes

@redridgereptiles it’s nice to see someone else working with them. From what I’ve seen on FB and Instagram there aren’t many in the states.

2 Likes

@rberkley Beauties. Yep, I believe there is only a few of us in the US so far.

1 Like