Tank vs tub growth rate

For sure joking lol

1 Like

I’ve actually thought about building a “snake playground” for my ones in a rack. Something like one of those kiddy playpens but filled with branches to climb and maybe a bunch of PVC pipes to slither through. Currently I just take them outside though (only the ones that seem to enjoy it)

6 Likes

I’ve seen “exercise areas” for snakes where people put theit snake on top of a large construction of branches, tubes etc and lets it slither around and downwards until it seems satisfied (not as explorative and active).

There was also different materials and smells in the “excercise area” for the snake to explore if it wanted to. Like lavender oil on a cotton swab, moss or a random object from the house.

Seems fair to me to give them a little enrichment and stimulation.

Nota bene - the snake should of course feel safe and not stressed out, trying to escape or hide. Exploration is something else. We don’t want to scare them, we want to make their lives a bit more interesting.

3 Likes

Yup…I noticed my BP became a better eater when I switched him from an enclosure to a rack.

2 Likes

Excercise areas are awesome…Its enrichment …Gets them out that boring enclosure or rack for a while.

3 Likes