Tarantula Suggestions

Hello I’m New here but I would like to ask if there are any suggestions on what tarantula should I get next? I’m thinking of heavy webbers and if are there any dwarf species associated with it. I’ve been searching the net but couldn’t find any. Tysm

1 Like

What kind of inverts have you previously kept? What kind of tarantulas do you have? Greenbottle blues are great semi-arboreal heavy webbers.

2 Likes

Hapalopus Sp. Columbia Large are dwarf tarantulas, and are probably the heaviest webbers as far as small tarantulas go, in my experience.

4 Likes

If your a more experienced keeper i would say OBT or orange baboon tarantula, BUT they are extremely aggressive

1 Like

Only if they’ve kept fast and hot tarantulas before for years. That is not something you recommend someone unless you know they are very experienced.

2 Likes

Thats very true

1 Like

Haha we had an OBT. Not experienced with tarantulas ourselves. But know how to keep, what to and what not to do etc.
We had a regal jumping spider, she was awesome, unfortunately passed, was a very sad day finding her I must say, cute little thing! Anyway, The other half then brought home a dwarf Brazilian blue diamond (they’re cool, May be a good one for you @psykhotics!). Then a while after he surprised me with an OBT!
Now I don’t like spiders at all! Apart from our jumper Charlotte.
But both were quite cool, even though they scared me. They would both tong feed and all. The OBT is quick though! She would snatch that food up! Where as the blue would come out slightly of her web and then pounce :joy:
Both went to a tarantula keeper near us in the end who breeds etc. Thank gosh! :sweat_smile::grin:

4 Likes

Neoholothele incei aren’t true dwarfs but they don’t get big at all and great webbers. They come in a lovely natural green color and a gold color.

3 Likes