Teeny Tiniest Ball Python Hatchling I have ever seen

That would be awesome!!!

2 Likes

So true!!!

For sure would love to see pictures!

2 Likes

Iā€™m not gonna lieā€¦ I saw the pic on the main page of your tiny next to a cigarette and I thought it would be a thread on which addiction is worse!!! Lol great job! Hope all is well with the tiny

4 Likes

I had 2 sets of twins a couple years ago the weights were 17, 17, 17 and 19. They all made it and than for some reason when the 19 grams one made it to 100 grams she died.

1 Like

Hi all, just an update on my tiny little manā€¦:cry:
Unfortunately he didnā€™t make it. He never took any meal on his own, but did eat through assist feeding. He reached 124g, and when I opened the tub, he had unfortunately passed away.

First snake I have ever lost, and not ashamed to say that I cried my heart out.

Thank you all for the messages and help, this truly is an amazing community.
:hugs:

7 Likes

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

6 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry to hear that he didnā€™t make it. Not all of them are meant to be. Big hugs!

Iā€™m glad that this little community is more open to talking about the not-so-pretty side of breeding. I think too many breeders hide it and make it seem like itā€™s not a common issue as a breeder.
I unfortunately had to delete my own social media posts about my experiences because haters were using it as fuel to claim I wasnā€™t caring for my snakes properly šŸ„²šŸ™ƒ

I had 2 hatchlings from separate clutches I produced last year suddenly pass away, even though they were eating on their own and otherwise acting normal.
They did both regurgitate their last meals right before they passed away, and one in particular was not a good eater to begin with, so I wonder if it was a digestive issue. All their clutch mates are healthy and thriving though!

Not to mention losing almost my entire very first clutch due to unknown reasons (suspecting it was caused by an incubator issue early on) ā€” luckily I had one boy survive and after months of assist feeding, heā€™s thriving now!
Heā€™s deformed, you can see his stubby head and the tiny kink in his spine by his tail. He also has a lot of split belly scales.

Since I have a CSerpents hotbox incubator now, I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be having issues with incubation temperatures from now on.
I think I just need to get a VE-300 for my homemade incubator, so I can still use it in the future and if anything goes wrong itā€™ll set off the alarms and fail safe mechanisms. I was using a VE-100 like a dummy.

4 Likes

How much is a small Cserpents hot box like there smallest one?

I got the smallest one, itā€™s $550 plus $80 shipping, so $630 total. Should work fine for me for a few years at least, especially if I get my homemade incubator situated a bit better

3 Likes

So true, a lot of breeders donā€™t talk about the sad side of the hobby.
Like I said, I cried my eyes outā€¦he wasnā€™t any special morph with a giant price tag attached. He was a special living snake, that I loved for the short time he was with me.

Thanks for all the messages of comfort, it is truly appreciated.

5 Likes