Temperature Cycling

Hello, this upcoming breeding season will be the first time I will be able to breed my ball pythons. I know during season you are supposed to cycle them, but I have mistakenly been cycling them all year. Will it affect their upcoming season, or can I stop cycling them now and then start up again during the season? Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t cycle my animals. I do not drop my temps at all. I keep my temps the same all year round, and I’ve never had a issue getting my animals to breed. I start pairing on Halloween. Some people cycle others don’t. Ultimately you have to figure out what works for you, and your animals. If your worried about it put your temps back to normal , and give it a few months before you cycle them again.

3 Likes

Thank you! I think I’ll just keep them as they are since you say you don’t cycle them. Thank you for putting my mind at ease!

2 Likes

What I always recommend for first time breeder is this article, it will give you some solid basis and take you through all the different steps of breeding and help you with recognising the different phases your females will go through. Do this for your first year and than after that find the way that works for you and your animals.

Personally I have not cooled my animals since 2010 and I have been breeding year round for a while now.

5 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes