That was unexpected

THE BABY’S OUT!!! A couple minutes after I posted and the baby started being a bit more active and popped right out of the egg. I think that if I weren’t rubbing it would’ve suffocated since it wasn’t moving. Pictures are on the way! :grin:

4 Likes

Brilliant!
I usually pull the egg apart myself.
I only cut if the baby if struggling to get out and egg is too hard!
Glad he/she is out :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Here it is. I covered both sides and I’m going to get a smaller hide. I’m planning to feed roaches andor crickets after the first shed.

7 Likes

Very cute, glad lil one made it :+1:

3 Likes

What a little cute chunk! I am happy that he/she is a healthy and beautiful baby.

4 Likes

So cute!
Can’t wait to see more pics when the colour/pattern changes! I find it amazing :blush:

3 Likes

I’ll probably sell her eventually but I’ll keep her for a little while just to watch the patterns change.

4 Likes

OMG so adorable! So tiny and precious!!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Sorry everyone, I forgot to update. The other two eggs hatched not too long after the first. They’re all doing great, eating great, and putting on good weight. Their patterns have changed quite a bit already. Here are the 3 babies from the clutch, totally different as far as patterns, colors, and spots.

The first one has a funny habit of wedging herself between the hide and front of the tub. Whenever I open the tub (feeding time) she climbs on the hide and waits for me to put food in the dish.

The second one’s spots literally changed overnight. I never noticed many spots and then when I saw her today (I saw her last a few days ago, she doesn’t always come out of her hide) she had all of the spots.
However, there is a dark spot on her. I’m not sure what it is, if it’s a problem or just a recently eaten dubia.

The third one is trying to be a crested gecko, as seen in the last picture. :rofl:

6 Likes