That's a strike

G. prasinum

18 Likes

I love strike photos! Beautiful Welsh!

2 Likes

Never done one before, this is my first try

4 Likes

Turned out really well. I’ve tried to capture that with my retics, never had any luck. But my photos skills are also comparable to a child’s soooo :man_shrugging:.

1 Like

oh a tic strike would be ace. I don’t own any. Too big for me but they are stunning

2 Likes

They really are. If you were ever interested in one, look to super dwarfs. I have a female SD( well not technically SD she’s only 37.5%) tic that won’t get much longer than 7ft.

I keep trying and hopefully one day I’ll have a proper photo to express their strike.

1 Like

Yea I’ve seen the SD’s they are nice, don’t get me wrong. My love lies with colubrids. We do have a burm, and 3 boas, well my wife does. I’d probably look into a full SD when one of those passes. So that may not be for a great while yet as they are around 8 is the youngest

2 Likes

Colubrids are awesome too, have you ever owned a Bairds rat snake? They are so beautiful!
That’s good tho, once one of those passes, SD should be less expensive and more available in Europe.

2 Likes

YES I had a breeding pair about 20 years ago. I never see them these days in the uk :frowning:
Yes there seems to be a lot of SD about

1 Like

Wow, you had them when they were just picking up speed in the hobby, that’s cool.
Do you recall what local you had? Mine were the Metallic Loma Alta local, beautiful silvers, reds, orange and yellows.
There are hard to find in the US now too, not many breeders work with them.

1 Like

I’m in the Uk so what ever locale they were. I also kept a lot of North American rat snakes at that time too

2 Likes