The ‘Blue Ghost’ Project

Hey are you gonna post the pictures here too? I don’t have Instagram!

2 Likes

I can try to get a few up but I have many more individual photos up on my insta

13 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing! They are all awesome!

1 Like

Send a het my way 2 prove for you aha, that Morph :raised_hands:

1 Like

Sorry I’m late to the party.
These snakes are amazing, do you have any updates pics of them babies? Did they blue out?
It’s a real powerful addition to the python world.
Well played

3 Likes

Just popping in to see if any progress has been made?:grin:

As far as I know the owner is raising up some potential hets to breed back to mom and hopefully make some more blue ghosts. Really hope it proves because it could really change the game in terms of combos. Imagine a blue pied or clown?

4 Likes

There is a blue steel pied line out there. They’re sick!

3 Likes

Sorry to revive a dead thread but holy heck that is a gorgeous snake!

3 Likes

We want progress! I my opinion this will be the big morph to hit the bp industry in a long time.

3 Likes

Id believe it. The second i saw it i was ready to abandon axanthic and switch to this :stuck_out_tongue: its just so dang beautiful. I wish i knew this members insta, as they said they were updating that

3 Likes

Sorry I don’t buy it as blue. although you can call it blue, thats ok.

Grey is cool, but I don’t see blue. in the first picture the shelves appear bluish/grey and so is the snake.
To me thats just a normal photography weakness,
but then in others the snake and shelves are just plain grey.

There are blue snakes, these are a just a few examples of blue snakes ----

But this is not blue, its grey—

My post may seem like a troll post, but I am just posting my honest and genuine opinion. I have never seen a blue ball python. I wish there was one. Its an interesting variation, but its not any shade of blue.

I guess I am in trouble again for having a strong controversial opinion and stating it :frowning:, but I think the name is misleading.
When ‘The empara has no cloths’ I have to say so.
I think the ‘blue ghost’ name is misleading.

2 Likes

Im confused why youd think you were in trouble haha (unless theres something i dont know.)

I believe it was largely just a name the breeder thought was cool and went with it. Ive seen a few names for it, blue steel, blue ghost, and what it seems to be more commonly refered to now “slate”.

Honestly with your opinion i feel you could appreciate the “slate” name for the morph, as it is a grey rock that looks blue when near blue objects :slight_smile:
images (17)
download (7)

6 Likes

There are a lot of animals that are called “blue” but are really closer to grey. Blue Russians for cats, blue merles for dogs, blue roans for horses…just to name a few (by no means an exhaustive list). Given that established tradition, I don’t really see anything intentionally misleading about the name “blue ghost” for a snake morph that is blueish grey. Not to mention, it would hardly be the first morph name to include a colour (or other adjective) that is somewhat vague and suggestive rather than 100% literally accurate.

But you are, of course, entitled to your opinion. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Not sure if this dude is even still around. This post is 3 years old. :woman_shrugging: It went by slate by the way in the end I think. Can’t find him on IG anymore

2 Likes

Last post is jan 6th, snake got a bit chewed by a rat but is healing. IG name in pic for those that want to keep an eye on the project

3 Likes

Oh poor baby, glad its healing nicely though :grinning: .

Theres already is a gray ghost line. Looks nothing like that. Not all orange ghosts have orange, green ghosts aren’t green. There’s no denying that pinstripe is something different than the other colored named lines.

3 Likes

Just didnt want to start an argument or insult the OP JUst being jentile :slight_smile: But yes I gert slate blue.
@jawramik yes I have had blue berman cats and dont know the horse thing but have ridden and love them. point taken.
@akmorphs OP around or not, I dont want to be mean, but I agree, it should be slate blue.
@verinium 2nd post, thanks for the update. thats much better than a anatharistic of that age.
@owalreptiles Interesting, I need to study all that more

4 Likes

All good :slight_smile: im sure as long as you are respectful, most here can understand you are just stating an opinion :slight_smile: owl brought up a good point. Discussion doesnt have to be drama, and i think most of us here are good with it :slight_smile:

2 Likes