The freckles never end!

Adorable!!

Is it a super. I have a 1KG super banana with only one freckle.
Or is it a BEL complex? e.g lesser, mojave etc. They are supposed to have less if any.
Or I guess it could just be what that snake is like.

1 Like

Just a banana :blush:

1 Like

So im watching dav kaufman on youtube ajd he was at the arlington tx expo, ajd i swear i just saw this snake shown. Maybe??

1 Like

That is the most unusual pattern! Its like a “normal” snake poking out if gravel.

1 Like

Absolutely stunning snake!

1 Like

I know know how to reduce freckles, (good link regarding that above) but what morphs have the most freckles.
I like extreems and want both.

1 Like

Cinnamon and black pastel both throw insane amounts of freckles with banana

2 Likes

These pics are I believe 3 years apart.
The pic without spots he was just about 2yrs old

10 Likes

I am a bit new to ball pythons.
I am undecided about which female banana to hold back.
The pastel banana with developing freckles or the super pastel banana or my lesser pastel banana with hardly any freckles .
Big freckles are nice like in the above picture but with my banana with freckles, as she is small they look like mites which puts me off a bit. I sometimes scratch them to just be sure :roll_eyes: . realy hate mites
Will they get bigger like the above picture?
I am still not sure, if its an extreme of large freckles or none I would be happy.

2 Likes

Sounds like all three snakes are very nice looking if you are having trouble deciding which one to holdback! (pics please) The morphs themselves tell me which one has more freckles. The super pastel obviously can brighten the entire snake and reduce freckles, although it will probably continue to get some more as it ages. The lesser morph may not ever get a decent amount of freckles, all bel morphs really clean up banana! On the other hand it seems cinnamon and those darker morphs can produce snakes with more freckles. If I were you I would holdback all three being females! :grin: That’s just my problemI have a half of a baby rack of holdbacks! If I had to choose 1 it would be the lesser, pastel, banana just because of the bel genetics in there. They can make many cool banana morphs, and you can produce banana bels that never dull out in the slightest!

3 Likes

Thanks for the tips.

Lesser pastel banana

Pastel banana

Super pastel banana

3 Likes

This is a beautiful snake! I’m not a breeder so I can’t say holdback value in genes, but I’d be keeping that one for the looks! Great job!

2 Likes

They are all very nice looking! I would keep the lesser, for future breeding. I have done a lot with lesser banana stuff and really enjoy some of the stuff I am producing. I also though really like the look of the pastel banana you have. I like the orange on the head and the funky dorsal pattern and colors it has. Also the way the sides look very outlined and the bright striped tail looks great to me! I would honestly keep that one as well, just based purely on looks not genes.

2 Likes

Thanks, the lesser is growing on me, not to bothered about value I like pretty .

Thanks, that’s 2 for lesser and one for the pastel.
I prefered the pastel to start but I think I will hold back both.
One with potently lots of freckles and one with potentially less (er) :grin:
Be good to see what happens.

3 Likes

Gorgeous snake!

2 Likes

Wait wait just how!? This is amazing iv never seen anything like dat before o.o

2 Likes

I would give anything for a snake that was just freckles.

2 Likes

Please keep posting progress pics! They’re all beauties!

4 Likes

Those feckless are really something else. I hope you wind up finding out what genetic interactions are causing them to look like that! Maybe it’s time to look up these similar phenotypes in other, better understood animals to see if similar comobs in BP’s prove through more often? :smiley:

3 Likes