The odds gods are cruel

First pip of the year and it looks like I got a normal… The fates just love to laugh at us… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

What was the pairing

Is it at least maybe het for something cool?

1 Like

BlkPastel pdh Albino Pied x RedStripe dh Candino GStripe

Nope, not even that.

The second egg seems to be candling as an Albino/Candino, if that is true then at best it will be a 66% poss het Candino, 50% poss het GStripe, unverified possibility het Pied. If my candling skills are just bad then the only other possibility is 50% poss het Candino, 50% poss het GStripe, unverified possibility het Pied.

2 Likes

Nature just reminding us it is in control. At least it looks like a healthy normal.

4 Likes

Second one was out when I got home and it looks like I proved the female to be het Albino. Waiting for it to come all the way out so I can see what else it might be carrying. It is definitely a Candino though so that is nice.

And this guy was fully out and I am now suspecting it might be a lower quality BlkPastel

4 Likes

Is that just your after pipping bin or do you always incubate substrateless with just water? I have a friend using water only method and was wondering if better or any difference. I worry about splashing/sloshing if I adjust placement in incubator.

This is the incubation bin. There is no water in there, just the light grate.

1 Like