The retics of my collection!

Here is 2 of my retics! A tiger pied het albino female and a purple golden child female. I have a lav albino male as well but he isnt pictured.

12 Likes

I really hope one day that I get a retic of my own

They can be a handful when it comes to cleaning them alot since they love to ruin a clean cage lol but honestly they are not harder to take care of or anything. Hook train as hatchlings, spend time with them and they are awesome animals. Deff my fav species in my collection.

3 Likes

That is what I have heard, I live in Florida though. As of now just trying to get some hands on experience with lager (+12ft) snakes for the possibly of having one later in life.

1 Like

I love the tiger pied.:heart_eyes: It only makes me even more interested and passionate to produce that combo in a SD retic.

2 Likes

Oh by way do the purple albinos keep there colors as well as yours? It is so orange, and the purple shows in the picture.

1 Like

You have some good lookin retics

3 Likes

The purple albinos deff keep some nice color! Retics are gorgeous!

1 Like

I like when albinos don’t lose the orange. But that deep purple is a killer. Indo caramel is another one I like a lot.

Sunfire added onto the albinos makes them super bright, there is a dude named Shane he owns SCConstrictors and produces the most vibrant retics I have ever seen.

1 Like

I know about the sunfire adding oranges. Retics are definitely a dream for me. I don’t know how many I’ll have but it will be at least 1 female.

Awesome looking animals! That pied is incredible!! Pieds truly are one of the most impressive retic morphs on the planet today!

1 Like

Thanks buddy! Means alot coming from you! Im trying to find a super high white Tiger Pied het albino male but havent seen anything that was worth it. Pieds are my favorite!!

2 Likes

Do you find that pieds are more defensive then normal? Just wondering because it’s circulating around the Internet.

I have had a few different pieds and some were absolutely terrible. My bigger female is really good and the male to my clutch I hatched was very easy to work with. I ended up keeping 2.4 from my pairing and they all are very laid back and relaxed.

1 Like

My pied is deff defensive in the cage, she doesnt strike but will piss all over me when taking her out. She is super nervous if she is set on the ground or back in her cage she kind of freaks out. I work with her alot, but she deff has some of the pied traits you hear about. My male lav has a crazy food response and can be a nut sometimes but my big purple goldenchild is a puppy. A quick tap with the hook to get her out of food mode ans she is so awesome.

Do you think that the defensiveness will go away as more pieds are produced or do you feel like it was just a trait with the genetics of pied in retics?

Sorry for the late reply, I have been out of town, but I do think as more generations of pieds are produced and we get further removed from their wild counterparts, that the defensive will be bred out of them, just like everything else.

2 Likes

Thank you :grin:

1 Like