Thinking of getting into another colubrid species?

Thinking of getting into breeding another colubrid species. My top three choices are Honduran milksnakes, western hognose, and bullsnakes. I currently have a 2.3 group of breeding corn snakes. Do you breed these colubrids the same as corn snakes? Which ones would be the easiest to breed and keep? Are there any colubrid species, you guys would recommend? Thanks in advance. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Those are good choices I would also look into african house snakes (cape and black), the babies can be tricky to get eating but they’re a great snake. I don’t know much about the 3 you mentioned except hogs can be tricky to get eating.

1 Like

As Riley notes, hognose can be tricky to get started as hatchlings due to their natural instinct to want toads. That said, most of the stock in the hobby today is derived from rodent feeders so they are not as difficult as they once were.

Pits and hogs are a bit different from corns when it comes to breeding in that both have cannibalistic tendencies so you need to be a bit more attentive when you start pairing (this is also an issue with kingsnakes if you decide to look that route)

4 Likes

I would do bull snakes

3 Likes