This got correct id?

This told to be sunfire motley, any thougjys

2 Likes

Hi, I would recommend some better pictures so that we can help identify any morphs for you.

I would say it does look motley and it does look Sunfire

But then again I am not an expert so here is a link that can help you achieve some better pictures. Guide in asking for Morph Identification Help

I will also will tag some people that could help you, that do own retics… @mnroyals @cold-heartedexotics and @unkn0vvn1221 …so that they might help you more. Have a wonderful day :grin:. And by the way that Retic is really beautiful. :grin::fire:
I hope to own one ( or a few) someday :blush:

3 Likes

Aiyooo seller problem. Although i got more excited. Now they said this is wildcaught (here in Philippines) does not look like normal to me. And once said motley 1st originated here in Philippines and 1st proven out as a new gene.

1 Like

Are sure you can trust them? If it is wild caught you will be very vigilant about internal and external parasites. If it is wild, I do hope it works out.

Yes wc last year june, seller updated me this photo![image|238x500] (upload://mpG9sAhVzoy5qKcAHM9vcjC9n3M.jpeg)

And i just videocall seller, he showed me the size hatchling. Looks dwarf.

1 Like

This when wild caught

This now 1yr old +

4 Likes

Very odd :face_with_monocle: they look so identical or close

But if it is a good deal I guess it’s always fun to try to prove out a dinker project.

Very odd looking animal. The sides remind me of tiger but the dorsal pattern is completely wacky. Reminds me of the newer Bacan morph but I could be mistaken.

1 Like

Maybe @aubreypruitt could perhaps provide some ideas if that is what it is.

This is a unique one.
The rosettes reminds me of Tiger. I don’t think it is a Tiger but definitely hard to say. I can see Motley being a possibility as well but would need pictures from the side to see if it’s Sunfire.
Sunfire when added with Motley will greatly clean up the sides and will be brighter. The fact there are so many rosettes leans me to no Sunfire present in that animal.
The dorsal on that animal is really unique, I’ve only seen similar dorsal in Motley’s that have had some Kalatoa influence in them as well.
And if it is truly wild caught, I would highly doubt there would be 2 inc-dominate genes present.
Another question with the importation ban how did you get a wild caught Retic? Given if you’re in the US of course.

5 Likes

Hi. This wild caught here in Philippines. We didn’t known of any dwarf in wild (yet) (hoping this could be the first? As this is still hatchling size but age is a year +)
Well if really wc i am more excited to try this out since this is a male, will bred to tribel tiger and tribal next season. The last 2 photos is the updated once since ytd.

4 Likes

Next season it likely still won’t be big enough to breed. I believe male retics need more than just 2 years to be breeding size/age. Unless you power feed them that is.

1 Like

100% incorrect. They can breed as early as 18 months, in some cases earlier. Without power feeding.

@hholyggrail that’s really exciting! That Retic is definitely unique and more than deserving of trying to prove it out as to what genes are at play.
Definitely keep us updated with that project.

5 Likes

I’m not nearly as versed on retics as you! But to me it looks like tiger is in the mix! Looks like a Motley Tiger but if it truly is wc all bets is off! Either way stellar looking animal!

3 Likes

Maybe someones pet could have escaped into the wild? I feel it could be possible. Or it isn’t truly wild caught. We may never really know.

3 Likes

Yes will do! They id’d this as motley sunfire, then after that said its wild caught so impossible to get sunfire,
Although possibility of motley there.
Good
Thing is that this tic is year old plus and the size is hatchling size still. So i get more excited :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

If you check the photo inside the bottle/plastic the 1st photo out of 3 he really is looks wc, after months the color showed up

1 Like

It can only be Dwarf if it’s from one of the island locality (ie, Jampea, Selayer, etc)

2 Likes

Thank you for pointing that out. I was completely consumed with the fact that there might be a new morph!!

1 Like