This years colubrid pairings

All the colubrids have emptied out. I stopped feeding on halloween so that I could start brumation this week. Daytime temps are still in the 60s but they’ll drop off any day now.

Here are next seasons colubrid pairings

Corn Snakes
Caramel Tessera x Normal

Babies from this pairing will most likely be donated to local kids with full set ups. Young parents get to give their kids a pet that’s not expensive to care for and I get to get rid of old tanks, heat lamps, etc that just seem to pile up even though I never buy them anymore lol.

Kingsnakes
Lavender Snow 1 x Lavender Snow
Lavender Snow 1 x Lavender Het Snow
Lavender Snow 2 x Hypermel Het Lavender
Albino Aberrant Paradox x TH Blizzard
Mosaic x Mosaic
Albino Aberrant Paradox x High ‘White’ Banana

And that should make for plenty of tiny colubrids to get frustrated with next season :joy:

Here’s pics of a few kings for tax

11 Likes

Very cool! I would love to see what pops out of the mosaic x mosaic breeding! Your king in pic 3 almost looks light greenish to me, it’s great!:+1:

5 Likes

Don that’s so very kind of you to provide pets to kids whose parent/parents may or may not be able to afford them! And with complete setups to boot! It might not seem like a big thing to you but I am positive it will put some smiles on some faces and some joy in some hearts! God bless you for that Don! :pray::heart:

And btw those kings are amazing! The last one is my fav! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Looks like some great pairings! I’m interested in seeing the offspring from the paradox albino cal king pairings. I would LOVE for that “paradoxing” to be able to pass along to the offspring. Keep us updated for sure!

6 Likes

Me too, I really like Mosaics. I have a wild caught male that has a crazy pattern I will breed to the female next year.

It’s the chocolate tipping on all the yellow scales but it even looks greenish in person. She’s a doll too, never tries to eat my fingers or pee on me lol.

Most people can afford $20 a month in rodents but a lot of parents can’t think about spending $2-400 on a set up and an animal. And I have no idea where all these 20 and 40 gallon tanks come from but every time I go in a different shed or in my garage I find two more lol.

This will be his first year breeding even though he’s about 6, I didn’t have any adult females. There aren’t very many paradoxes out there so it will be interesting to see what happens.

4 Likes

Hmmmmm. Well it’s certainly true that the more you give the more you receive. I just wonder where all these extra tanks DO come from Don?

Just sayin!………. :pray::heart:

2 Likes

That is the coolest thing I’ve read lately! How do you choose the lucky kids? I would imagine you’ve no shortage of hopeful young snake keepers.

I’m so envious. I would have to run AC to brumate, which proved to be a huge pain when I tried it. The snakes seem perfectly healthy. The downsides of no brumation are no down time for me and no down turn on feed bills lol. On the other hand, I do get to see wild herps year-round, like the buttermilk king snake hunting frogs in the ditch on Thanksgiving.

You should get some exciting babies from those pairings next season.

3 Likes