Thoughts on genetics?

Had this girl hatch out a few months back in a clutch, was moms first time and dads first time with me.

Dad is a ghi hypo, mom is a BEL (mojo lesser) poss. Bumblebee. After hatching the clutch I believe that spider is present in mom; but wanting to confirm.

I’m thinking she’s a ghi lesser spider poss. Pastel, but would like other opinions as well.

3 Likes

Do you have pictures of the entire clutch?

1 Like

This should be the whole clutch and then individuals. I had some incubation issues for the first few days, temp spiked to 91.

Believe I’ve got a
ghi lesser,
Ghi Mojave
Ghi lesser spider (one eye, small kink)
Ghi lesser spider (one in original photo)
Also one baby I had, no eyes and underdeveloped color wise.

sorry the photos aren’t in the correct order, did this on mobile and it made the formatting weird. there is only one snake that is ghi mojo, should be two photos of each snake

6 Likes

I’m not great at identifications (I might be able to give it a try tomorrow) but @saleengrinch might be able to help.

1 Like

Thanks! any help is greatly appreciated. i know the one that has no eyes, has some odd coloring and i’m still struggling with that one. I’m not really sure what to do with/about him.

I’m looking to confirm the genetics on the original one so i can get her listed to sell, and the GHI mojave will be looking for a new home as well (wish he was a girl, but oh well got a good looking GHI lesser out of it).

2 Likes

Ghi spider lesser pastel het hypo would be my id

4 Likes

Pics of parents would be great also :blush:

1 Like

Why do you think het hypo? I agree with your ID except possibly with the het part.
Maybe I’m missing something or my colors are off on my screen.

1 Like

Because the sire was visual hypo :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Dad is a visual hypo.

Here’s the two of them locked up last fall.

2 Likes

Mom isn’t Hypo though

I know the sire was hypo but I thought he wanted to know what the mom was being a bel.
I’m so confused if were talking about the babies or the mom >.<

I believe he is talking about the baby in the original post.

3 Likes

I’m always confused lol. I was identifying the hatchling in the first picture.

2 Likes

sorry, i was originally asking what the baby in the first pic was. i know mom is mojo lesser bumblebee (wasn’t sure on bumblebee until this clutch).

1 Like