Thoughts on Scaleless Ball Pythons?

Do these videos cover infertility in scaleless ball pythons?

Has anyone ever seen a legit photo of a fully scaleless female on her OWN eggs?

1 Like

@jones810975
The oldest female is only about 3 or 4 years old. Although some females will produce at 2 years, scaleless grow a bit slower. There is nothing that says these animals are sterile or incapable of producing. Time will tell. No one is going to hide it, so when it happens, we will all know…

3 Likes

The first female was produced in 2013 than more were produced from another breeder in 2016.

3 Likes

I don’t care for scaleless snakes. I have seen a few scaleless corn snakes in person and pictures of scaleless balls…They just look wrong to me (I’m not saying they are wrong, but I wouldn’t want one)

I am actually very curious. I’ve never seen an adult scaleless. Is there a particular reason? Would love to see one, especially now that I see many breeders jumping into the scaleless project.

I can link a video that showcases one of the oldest scaless ball pythons. The reason you dont see many with much size is because the super scaless hasn’t been achieved as much as you would think. You need a scaless head Male and female and adult females are very hard to come by as well as super expensive.

3 Likes

I would love to see that video!

Here ya go

2 Likes

Wow! They look really cool! Much nicer for some reason than hatchlings in my opinion. I wonder why breeders dont share photos of these if they have them like other morphs?

3 Likes

there are a few photos of them out there but there are not many morphs that have been incorporated into the super scaless. its a relatively long project if you want to include a morph but i have seen scaless pieds, spiders, bananas, and some other stuff like mojave and pastel.

2 Likes

I watched all the vids and after chewing on the concept these would be my thoughts.

I believe if they have no belly scales and have the need for lotion is wetting to produce such animals. I view the same for the sphynx cat. They are beautiful,but when one has the chance to get “stuck” in its shed due to a ring that is created from that shed I would question it. They do need more intensive care but that’s up to the people. Over all if people want a hand in it that is their decision just like spiders :slight_smile:

3 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/tukFVAGrFkGj8AAx8

I also just found this cool looking paradox. so apparently it has half scales and half missing scales. also just gonna tag these guys to see what they think or if they have ever seen anything like this @eaglereptiles @t_h_wyman @stewart_reptiles @wreckroomsnakes

3 Likes

That is a very unique chimera o.o is so cool when siblings join during embryo stage not to mention fascinating. I wonder if you could end up with different DNA in a clutch?

if you mean a dual clutch possibly bonding as a embryo i doubt it because it is two different sperm cells fertilizing two different embryos. I think even if it was possible the baby would be so genetically screwed up that it would die before making it to term. regular paradoxs still share the DNA of the siblings because they came from the same parents, hence why they do just fine without any deformities.

1 Like

I remember when Freedom breeder hatched Harvey Dent definitely a unique specimen I do not believe anything similar has been produced since.

6 Likes

I can’t remember the exact video, though I’m sure it was a tour of Billy’s facility by another breeder, but @mutation_creation has a complete 50/50 paradox that splits almost exactly down the centre. Definitely one of the most unique animals I’ve ever seen.

To myself it makes sense that we will see a lot of paradoxing in scaleless BPs.

Paradoxing can be extremely subtle and a lot of the time goes unnoticed… A slight speck here, a small miscoloured patch there … But with scaleless we are looking for one specific thing, scales.

I wouldn’t be surprised if in 5-10 years time it causes people to look back through their collections and realise other paradoxes that went unnoticed.

1 Like

Not quite like that so what I mean is chimera occurrs when two siblings merge into one but have 2different pheno types day one siblings was banana and the other was normal something occurs during where maybe the zygote of one egg ends up bonding/consuming half of the other egg creating the rate anomaly especially in snakes I think it would only happen if it was in an egg that was going to have twins (?) It happens in dogs and cats though as well.

What I was curious was could their be 2 different strands kind of like how a human found out that a kid wasn’t their kid during a genetic test only to figure out he was a chimera genetically and the kids actually came from his brothers DNA that was consumed. Something along those lines but just remembering biology classes ^^

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Chimera Ball Python

hopefully its not too far off topic since i started the new discussion about a scaleless paradox

1 Like

I went ahead and answered this over in the Chimera off-split thread instead:

2 Likes