Thoughts on this Breeding pair?

Thoughts on these two as a breeding pair?
I was thinking of getting the female but I was wondering if they’d suit each other

1 Like

The female is awesome, but no they don’t suit each other. You generally wanna either go both pinstripe or both no pinstripe for the best result, pairing one of each will likely just give you a bunch of inbetweens. I would personally get the female regardless and find a non-pinner for her, possibly something pixel-ish :eyes: :blush:

2 Likes

Ok I see thank you!

1 Like

I think she does have pinning

1 Like

If she does it’s very little, but what i meant was either to aim for strong pinning or no pinning :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh ok I see!

1 Like

To clarify; pinstriping is typically selectively bred, by breeding animals with higher or lower pinstriping to get what you want. So breeding one with little to none with one with full pinning will likely give you a ton of babies with varying degrees of pinning. Most breeding projects would look for geckos that either have full pinning to push the pattern horisontally, or no pinning to let tiger push it vertically. It’s similar to dalmatian in the sense that you typically want either a ton or nothing at all. Also, no pinning is pretty uncommon nowadays so it would be a waste imo to pair her to one with full pinning. I hope that makes sense :blush:

2 Likes

Yes it does thank you!

1 Like

What is it you want to produce?

I’ve decided not to get them. I want to produce offspring with bright colors and an interesting appearance. It’s a bit difficult to explain exactly what I want to produce since I’m not too sure about the terminology, but I was actually thinking of maybe getting a red base harlequin instead for him

1 Like