Tiny but Mighty!

A tiny spiky isopod, these guys I hear like a daily mist, I haven’t tried that, and gotten babies in the past but they seem to be a very complex isopod that seemly does better in smaller numbers. If I could change one thing I did it would have been to use an even smaller cup to provide a more humid and locked down environment with less swings. Babies are SUPER tiny as well and fragile.

Enjoy!

17 Likes

spikopods!

7 Likes

OMG I need these immediately

6 Likes

Those are just super duper cool!

4 Likes

Are those the Thai Spikeys or one of the Gators? Beautiful pics! My spikeys are doing acceptably but not truly thriving. I recently rehoused them, and I think it should be an upgrade in terms of an increase in variety and number of different microclimates.

Thank you for the misting suggestion! I’ll include them in my ‘extra mistings’ group and see if it helps them out a bit.:crossed_fingers: Any other tips? I’m especially interested in diet info. I have a small-ish number of isopods in quite a few of my ‘higher-end’ colonies, so it’s kinda hard to discern their favorites.

5 Likes

its hit or miss these are things I have just heard , I would not say “mist” mist more-so of a “Fog” mist if that makes sense. I’d imagine babies would die to the slightest bit of water or air…or anything :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Maybe they are found in an area where the morning dew is high, this is just all speculation.

6 Likes

Those are so cool! I want to get into more isopod varieties/sp., but so far I’ve just been keeping wild type armadillidium vulgare that are suuuper common where I live. Recently I made them i new home in a five gallon tank I had laying around, and they are always roaming around everywhere. So fun to watch!

2 Likes