Toad breeding log

Thought I would create this as I am going to be putting in some real effort to get Pandora and Spotify to breed this season.
Spotify-

She has some AMAZING color and pattern

Pandora-

He is a little more standard looking but I have never seen a toad change colors as much as he does. Right now he is a bright olive color which of course the camera doesn’t pick up (almost like how cresties fire up and down)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and wish me luck :blush:

4 Likes

Sounds like an interesting challenge Logan! Will Spotify give birth to toadletts or tadpoles? As you can tell I know nothing about toad breeding! :joy: And if they are birthed as tadpoles it will be crazy interesting to watch them turn into toads! :joy:

And if Pandora is going to be a dad, you should change his name to Panda or Pan because Pandora is a girls name for heaven’s sakes! :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

They’ll lay eggs, assuming toads are like other frog species. The eggs will be in a body of water and there they’ll hatch tadpoles, which will grow into toads

3 Likes

Ok thank you Nathan! It’s interesting that nature added an extra step to adulthood! I don’t know if I have ever seen a tadpole in real life come to think of it! :thinking::frog:

2 Likes

He pretended to be female for almost a year :rofl:
I just got into the habit of calling him that and can’t help it now. There was no signs of him being female and I checked every possible way to sex them and they were all pointing to female. Then I walked in on him trying to breed with Spotify on land and check everything again and low and behold he was a male

2 Likes

Well ok LoganI now I think I remember you posting something about his name! :joy:. I’m going to let it slide only because I “toadlly like you! :frog::rofl::sunglasses:

Seriously though I am excited for you to take on this project and I do believe you will be successful! So Logan, “Hop” to it! :frog:

2 Likes

:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

My my my Logan! Give these guys some privacy why don’t cha! :frog::face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes