Trade option?

Is it possible to suggest adding a trade only option for those who are strictly wanting to trade vs selling? I got flagged for circumventing the price limit on an ad I have up because I put a small price when I only want to trade. :confused:

5 Likes

Yep,

Simply list the animal at its market value and add in the title/description that you want to trade.

If you are a Basic member or higher you can use the ā€œConsider Tradeā€ feature on your Seller Account Settings also so others can filter by that to find you.

8 Likes

Oops. Meant to reply directly to you.

Mine is set to that, however, I cannot list him at his market value without having a subscription. His value is well over $3k. My issue is mostly having to list his true value while paying for a subscription when I have no intention of selling him for money only. This is why I wish I could do a trade-only option without needing to list a price

3 Likes

You can leave it in the description of the animal, however a MorphMarket subscription would benefit you with being able to value your animal correctly, and have potential sellers see you as a reputable seller by having a membership.

As reputable I mean Iā€™ve come across ads for an animal WAY below market value, and Iā€™ve clicked on it. I see in the description that the ā€œsnake is really worth this amount, but I canā€™t list because ā€¦ā€ and after I see that I just close out of the ad all together. IMO if you have a high value animal to sell, you should be able to afford even a basic membership and go on a month to month basis. Just my two cents.

3 Likes

That makes sense as far as for a seller for sure. Especially reputation wise. While I did get a membership after seeing that the listing price cap is significantly higher than it used to be, Iā€™m just wondering if thereā€™s a way to list specifically for trades. Like in PokĆ©mon (:joy:Great example, I know) you can list the one youā€™re wanting to trade and have it show the ones youā€™re wanting to trade for.

That could be part of the membership feature as well! Listing the price is a good way to show the value of the animal. Iā€™m no seller, so Iā€™m definitely losing money just to entertain a trade for the most part, but this site is great! So itā€™s not wasted on a terrible website at least.

3 Likes