Treats For my Gecko

What’s the some things I can feed my gecko as a treat like a wax worm thanks!

1 Like

As occasional treats it’s ok, what need to be kept in mind is that they have poor nutritional value, high in fat and can be addictive.

5 Likes

Thanks anything other than wax worms that they enjoy a lot as treats like butter worms silk worms ?

They can have a horn worm occasionally.

3 Likes

Silkworms can actually be a staple food, they’re one of the most nutritious feeders. Black soldier fly larvae contain a lot of calcium, I’d have to check what else they have nutritionally but I do include them alongside dubia roaches as main food items. Worms that make good treats would be: Waxworms, superworms, mealworms, hornworms, butterworms

3 Likes

Thanks Dubia’s are a no for me cockroaches creep me out

Try and work on your phobia of roaches. They are very good for your gecko, like almost needed. I would personally not give any of those treats without feeding dubia roaches with because your gecko may have running stools. Certain types of bugs/insects need to be fed along with others if you want your gecko to flourish and be healthy. I do NOT like bugs, but if my geckos health depends on it - I will gladly get some tongs out and feed some dubias to my babies. You gotta realize its not just about you, your geckos health is more important than a fear of bugs. Which I KNOW can take some time to get over. My mom who is 44 years old, HATES ROACHES OF ALL KINDS but has built a bond with one of my Leo’s and loves to feed him. She has overcome her fear of them and easily feeds him the roaches with tongs!

4 Likes

the main challenge is my mom and my parents went from not liking my gecko to thinking it’s really cute so I think I might have a chance